Heard at last Sunday talk...

by Justice-One 48 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think this would cause anyone who knows better to miss more meetings. The society is so stupid that they are doing it to themselves.

We are in a new age -- the age of information. They're hoping the old ones who were there will die off and they wont leave anyway in the meantime because "where would they go?"

The younger ones who weren't there may fall for it and the society banks on that they won't look it up. I fell into this category once. And look at me! Just type in Jehovah's Witnesses in any search engine and the truth will slap you in the face! It's going to backfire. Wait and see.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They started the 1975 denial right away in 1976 and everybody was there and knew different. With the Witnesses, history is a teaching, not a fact.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Justice,

Perhaps you could print off some of the scans that have been recently posted here about 1975 and send them to him!! Anonymously (spelling??) of course!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I know of one CIO that when questioned about '75 admitted that the society did predict that date. Of course this guy was one of those real cool CO's who told it like it is and didn't try to BS you. Anybody ever heard of R.L.Jones?

• Zico
    Zico

In my last Sunday talk the elder said Jesus is the mediator for all Witnesses.

I guess some elders just don't have a clue about what the Society teach.

• blondie
    blondie

What the publications don't convey is the discussion in the public talks, from the platform at the KH and conventions, the private discussion among the rank and file and how little was done to end it from above.

Blondie

• vitty
    vitty

I was a child during the late sixties, and I can assure anyone who doesnt believe they promoted 75..............that they did!

It ruined my childhood, my mother who was in a very vulnerable state had a mental breakdown

The last meeting I went to about 2 1/2 years ago the brother on the platform asked the audience who was in the org in 1975, as it was a foreign language congregation only 2 elders put there hands up then he said "1975 didnt happen, they are all apostate lies"

I was dumb struck, I wanted to scream "oh yes it f......ing did, I was there" but I just told my husband in the car that , that was the last meeting id ever go to................he was ecstatic

• fokyc
    fokyc

"Stay Alive 'till 75",

was a regular talk give throughout the early 1970's.

Fortunately we were living behind the Iron Curtain then!

fokyc

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think I would have had to have a talk with that guy after the meeting,,,

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm with you, mom. My feeling is, he can defend it if he wants, BUT he can't deny it!

That's the part that gets me mad. Don't say it didn't happen.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit