9/11 ALL OVER??????

by Sunnygal41 17 Replies latest social current

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I'm at work and heard that a small plane or helicopter has hit a high rise apartment building in NYC............anyone heard anything????

Terri

• youcanhaveago
    youcanhaveago

Nothing to worry about seems like a n accident and not thought to be Terrorist related.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hardly. You might want to check the news before you start a post like this. If you're online to post here it's pretty easy to check a news site first.

S4

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

It said in one news report that this airplane was on "visual flight" which means that the air traffic controllers weren't in touch with it.............and, today IS the 11th of October..........kind of a little too coincidental for my mind..........I hope some nut didn't take it into their head to use the opportunity to do a mini-rendition of 9/11...........the apartments in this building go for over a million a piece..........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Seeker, I've been a member of JWD for some time and not given to sensationalism..........it is an honest question, given that it is the ELEVENTH of October...........sorry that you seem to feel the need to chide me as if I'm some child..........

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Witnesses have said that the plane was going VERY slow when it hit the building and then most of it crashed to the ground.

It apparently stalled.

Doesn't sound like anything terrorist related. If it were terrorists, they would have smashed the plane into the building at the highest speed possible to cause the most damage.

Rub a Dub

• TopHat
    TopHat

Isn't that the apartment building used in the new Superman movie where Lois Lane resides.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

NEW YORK — A small aircraft crashed into a high-rise building on Manhattan's Upper East Side Wednesday,

Local news reports quoted New York Fire Department officials as saying two people were confirmed dead. Officials said there is no indication the incident was a result of terrorism.

The crash set off a raging fire that sent a pillar of gray smoke over the city, police said. Witnesses reported seeing a gigantic fireball come out of the building, police said.

Flames could be seen shooting from windows on two upper floors of the 50-story building, near the East River. Burning debris fell from the tower, and a column of gray smoke rose over the city.

"There's huge pieces of debris falling," said one witness who refused to give her full name. "There's so much falling now, I've got to get away."

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said the aircraft struck the 20th floor of the building, located at 524 East 72nd Street.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it was a small aircraft that was involved, but there was very little other information collected so far. A helicopter would be expected in that area of the city; no other aircraft should be around that part of Manhattan, the FAA said.

(Story continues below)

Advertise Here

Advertisements

"Everyone was running down the street, kids were screaming and crying," Rich Behar, a New York City resident and former Time magazine reporter, told FOX News. "There was a lot of horror and terror when it hit," Behar added, saying the whole ordeal reminded him of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The building is a 50-story condominium tower built in 1986 and located nearby Sotheby's Auction House . It has 183 apartments, many of which sell for more than $1 million.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

That's from the fox news site.

• lonelysheep
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

You sensationalized it with your post title. Do you normally go all caps and use six question marks? And now that we know who it was, Yankee's pitcher Corey Lidel, you see what I mean about going all 9/11 on this? All I'm saying is instead of going all terrorist attack about it, give it a little time to get some details.

Didn't mean to offend you, just that there are enough horrors in the world right now without jumping to conclusions and creating artificial ones.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit