Is there Racial harmony among the JWs?

by Amazing 55 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hey if any of my American freinds see that I`ve got something wrong here please by all means correct it , after all I am an Aussie .

smiddy

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

When you're dealing with a religion that secludes its members from society and makes them look askance at "worldly ones", which is only 1 in 1000 people worldwide, and which also has received persecution at times, it's not at all surprising that JWs usually are willing to cross racial boundaries. It's just a form of tribalism; you'll see the same thing in any minority group of any kind that is formed around a common interest or attribute -- that it supersedes other differences that are less stigmatized.

When being black in this country was more stigmatized than it is today, there was indeed segregation being practiced in the congregations to conform to cultural standards. After civil rights happened, and it became less scandalous for whites to associate with blacks, we ended up with the current situation where JWs usually appear to be color-blind. This is not evidence that they have the truth; it's merely the instinctive outcome of a social animal that desires safety in numbers and is willing to overlook one difference in order to have a larger tribe around them.

For other examples, see other small religions, as well as vegetarians, Linux users, fans of obscure bands, etc.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Smiddy

Even the Catholics and Jews put thier lives on the line in the civil rights movement

The WTS teach that these people, like Martin luther King and Rosa Parks

Would be best served if they " Waited on the Kingdom "

Example of the forked tongue of the WTS :

" The intense persecution brought upon Jehovah's Witnesses has resulted in the being haled before police officials, judges, and rulers earth wide. Legal cases involving the Witnesses have numbered many thousands, and hundreds of these have been appealed to higher courts. This has had a profound effect on the law itself and has often fortified legal gaurantees of basic freedoms for people in gerneral. But this has not been the main objective of Jehovah's Witnesses."_____Proclaimers Book chapter 30 page 678

" Thier principle desire is to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God. Legal action that they take is not because they are social agitators or legal reformers."_____Proclaimers Book page 678

In other words. Jehovah's Witnesses claim they are not social agitators because they fought for the good news

Jehovah's Witnesses are Sooooooooooooooo dense

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Smiddy said:

Racial harmony ? segregation ? Are those two terms compatible ? In America before the 1960`s when segregation was enforced , JW`s complied ,KH`s had segregated people , blacks in their halls , whites in their halls never the two to meet .A white man could not go to a KH with the blacks , and a black man could not walk into a KH full of whites .And jehovahs witnesses whatever colour made sure that never happened. Why ? because it is the law they said. We must pay ceasers thing to ceaser but Gods things to God . Hang on, didn`t they break the law when it suited them to get their way and proclaim they were champions of freedom ? in their going from door to door , witnessing etc.? They broke existing laws.

This is something I have heard and if I was living in that time, I would go to any KH that I wanted to, to support my brothers. Being white, I like going to the predominately black congregations because the rebel in me likes the defiance of segregation.

But other than this I don't see racism in the organization. But that was not racism in itself.

Today there are even black churches that advertise themselves as African American and black only or white only.

• Scott77
    Scott77

This is a hot thread. Because of your varied and shared lived experiences, I am better informed right now than before.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit