Who's giving out candy this Halloween?

by Cognitive_Dissident 27 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

If I wasn't going out TRICK OR TREATING, (with a good friend and her 7 year old brother) you better believe I would be.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I`m in civilization I love to hand out candy to the kids..They are just so happy to get treats..I won`t be able to do that this year,I will miss it...OUTLAW

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'll be taking my kids out trick or treating, and dressing up myself if I can find a costume.
    If I were to be home, I would definately hand out candy.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I am taking my daughter to a "harvest festival", but I will leave a bowl of candy. Some kid will probably empty it all out into his bag. Oh well!

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

i will be honoring my ansectors hell ya

We go every year to the shops uptown where the whole city converges to celebrate this glorious macabre pagan festival MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I love halloweeeeeeny! I could NOT care less what started the holiday. Just like Christmas and the traditions and the hoopla surrounding it do not concern me and MY reasons for celebrating.

I cant understand: Why men sit all day in front of the TV praying to the football god...BUT THEY DO

I cant understand: What is fun about sitting and watching racecars go in circles for an entire day. BUT IT IS

I cant understand: Why smacking a little white ball into a hole 18 times has become a sport for rich people. BUT IT IS

I cant understand: Why somebody, who doesnt live in your body and is not forcing you to participate, decides to have fun in their OWN WAY should be of any concern to anybody else.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I love Halloween and I am way past my need to outwardly demonstrate my rebellion from the dubs. However, symbolic rebellion can be a healthy part of the healing process IMO.

Costumes are fun and I enjoy visits from the neighborhood children. Children immensely enjoy it, and it's harmless--so I don't see any problem with it.

I don't particularly like the horror/gory aspects of some people's Halloween celebrations, so I don't do those things myself....but I can't imagine any reason to object to others dressing up like vampires etc. I see it as no different than me seeing other football fans painting their chests the color of their team's uniforms. I wouldn't enjoy doing that myself, but I can't think of any reason to object to anyone else doing it.

lovesdubs hit the nail right on the head!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Halloween is great! It's fun watching the kids. And we need to remember "there's more happiness in giving........

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit