Who's giving out candy this Halloween?

by Cognitive_Dissident 27 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

For us worldly folks Halloween is simply a time to do something fun. No devil worship or anything. To suggest we should know the origins and then would not take part in any Halloween festivities is jwism at it's best. Do you hold the same view of wedding rings? How about the origins of the wt? the pryramidism, necromancy, and numerology?

In schools in our area it is not called Halloween but 'book character day'. The kids must read a book, dress as a character and be able to do a report on the book. When trick-or-treat comes around almost all the kids use their book character costume. Everything ranging from princesses, hobbits, pirates, bears, bunnies, you name it!

Carving pumkins is a time to get together with your child and get creative, spend some time, cook pumpkin seeds and see who can come up with the best pumpkin face. Nothing evil there.

Trick-or-treating is done in your own neighborhood and usually done in groups with parents. A time to take a walk with the parents, the older people love to see the little kids dressed up, and see some neighbors you may not see often. If you don't want to participate leave the outside light off. Simple.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    A tragic case of mass manipulation and brain washing - by DESIGN.

Lol... I suppose Dick Cheney is somehow involved too? Can't people just have a little fun? I know no one is forcing me to have a party, but I'm doing so anyways - just to socialize and enjoy the company of my friends. I suppose that is some sort of global conspiracy tho, huh?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

No candy. Children don't need candy.

They need to know that the THE END OF FALSE RELIGION IS NEAR!

Hand 'em a Kingdom News #37 instead... Point out Jehovah's loving provision of Beast mauling the Harlot... NOW THAT'S SCARY!

~Sue

• Beardo
    Beardo
    MAYBE the illuminate are behind it!!

Go away and play with your toys little boy.

• Beardo
    Beardo
    Lol... I suppose Dick Cheney is somehow involved too?

Oh look - another one who loves the status quo. Of course, all aspects of society are absolutely wonderful. Eyes wide shut

• Beardo
    Beardo
    Trick-or-treating is done in your own neighborhood and usually done in groups with parents. A time to take a walk with the parents, the older people love to see the little kids dressed up, and see some neighbors you may not see often. If you don't want to participate leave the outside light off. Simple.

Thank God I live in the UK - at least we haven't totally sold our souls to the idiocy found within the US. Mind you, give it a year or two and no doubt the marketing men will have done their jobs well over here as well.

... and people wonder in the US why the Muslim world hate your society so much. It is so full of shit.

Feel free to take a pop at me - don't care - I'm outta this thread

• TopHat
    TopHat

Halloweenie is no big deal in our house.....If the kids want candy...then I will give it to them...but quite honestly, if my kids were still small...I would not encourage them to go out trick or threating. Hollowween has become...welllll.....hollow

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've been celebrating Halloween for more than 25 years, so I can safely say I'm not celebrating it as a knee-jerk reaction to leaving the JWs.

My Halloween preparations are almost complete. This year I'll be dressed as a gypsy when I hand out candy to the 60 to 80 kids that will swarm through our neighborhood. My front porch will be decorated with pumpkins, a plastic skull, giant spiders, black paper rats, and a crystal ball.

I really can't decide who has more fun on Halloween -- the kids or me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

How's this for a haunted house theme: the JW view of Armageddon?

• Nowman
    Nowman

I love Halloween! Yes, I will be giving out candy. Just got my kids costumes last night, my son Dylan woke up with me this am at 5:15, and put his costume on! It was so cute! My daughter Haley is a cute Devil and tried hers on last night. I love being involved in this Holiday, my house is decorated. I am obsessed with Halloween decor too! There is no particular deep reason, its a tradition that my kids look forward too, and I love it.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit