News about the end at the yearly business meeting

by ocsrf 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

That's right folks, the FDS in convinced that we are so deep into the end of the system of things they feel it will happen at any moment.

It's funny that this should be taken serious since this sort of thing has been said many times in the past. However, many of those at that meeting are so drawn in that they believe it as if they saw God himself speak it.

This came from someone who attended, perhaps someone else has direct quotes or other tidbits they can share with us.

OC

• sir82
    sir82

How remarkably stupid. JWs will lap this up like cherry-flavored Jim Beam.

What happens in 2007 or 2008, or 2009, when the R&F realize they've been duped again?

The GB seems hell-bent on self-destruction when I read drivel like this.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Saying they feel it will happen at any moment isn't really saying anything at all. They commit themselves to no dates, so they won't have to deny or explain anything later, say in a couple of years, when nothing has happened.

The tower are very tricky, are they not?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

These guys have learned from the past that the bottom line depends on their being convinced that "the end is right around the corner." Plus, even GB members born after 1935 are getting up in age where they are not sacrificing an education, career, happy marriage, children in order to wait until the end arrives. I think this will largely be ignored, though.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's like watching an old man with a prostate problem threatening to take a piss...

Here it comes! Any minute now! I think this is the time! I can feel it! Any second now!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    we are so deep into the end of the system of things they feel it will happen at any moment.

To be fair, that's about what many early Christians believed over 1,900 years ago.

I often thought that any apocalyptic-minded Christian could burst into tears just by looking at the date on the calendar...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Narkissos,

To be fair, that's about what many early Christians believed over 1,900 years ago.

I noted with amusement the first time the WTS begrudgingly admitted in a WT article that Paul, James, John and the apostles were indeed expecting Armageddon in their day, but were wrong about their expectations.

What was even more amusing is how they could not bring themselves to admit that the Messiah himself had similar expectations, as is plainly obvious from his statements as recorded/invented by his own followers.

This whole issues served as the perfect cameo to highlight WTS thinking. First - fight your corner until you have no choice but to aquiese doctrinally. Secondly - always maintain an air of silent, illogical, ambiguity when it better serves your purpose to do so. This generates a sort of bright-eyed 'mystery' that most JW's actually believe proves a truth rather than an indefensible ignorance.

Best regards - HS

• parakeet
    parakeet

sir82 wrote: ***What happens in 2007 or 2008, or 2009, when the R&F realize they've been duped again?***

The same thing that happened after all the other WTS failed prophecy dates -- the R&F will leave in droves; there will be a new influx of braindead drones; some of these new drones will post here a decade from now denying that the WTS ever implied that the end was coming in 2006/2007.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think they are putting up an act and pretending that they believe all this end of time nonsense to keep the dubs motivated, these are just emotional stunts for the naive.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

One year from now, I will be asking my totally brainwashed regular pioneer mom, and other JW family members what happened with the WTS prediction that False Religion was going to end? Since nothing will have happened then.

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit