When a Jehovah`s Witness comes to your Door

by OUTLAW 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When a Jehovah`s witness comes to your door..Do you tell them to go away and close the door?..Chat with them untill they run away?..Toss them on the BBQ and have everyone over for dinner?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, they don't call here, as we are both da'd, and known opposers of false their form of worship, but if they did come here, they'd be guaranteed a cool reception, to say the least, and they wouldn'tbe leaving any literature.

• Emma
    Emma

I've had someone at my door twice in the last eleven or twelve years; so much for covering the territory! I just politely say, "No," and close the door.

• Beardo
    Beardo

I'd rather not answer, because they wouldn't like me, they would just try to persuade me that concepts I used to believe are still truth. I also have given up trying to persuade individual witnesses of my alternative vision - too much wasted energy.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

my husband made the mistake of telling 2 JWs that came to our door that i was raised a JW, so they started coming back thinking that i must be some weakling they could reel back in- hardly. i was coincidentally taking out the trash on thier last visit. i informed them that i am (now an adult) no longer ignorant enough to believe JWs teachings and that they should put my name on the do not call list.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My favorite modus operandi is to finish the scripture they are slowly and emphatically reading to me in perfect, verbatim NWT speak... which does give them pause... just long enough for me to smile and tell them I'm not interested.

After finding these boards, I'm seriously thinking I ought to have some handouts of my OWN ready to hand back! "I'll read every word of yours if you promise to read every word of mine!!!"

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    After finding these boards, I'm seriously thinking I ought to have some handouts of my OWN ready to hand back! "I'll read every word of yours if you promise to read every word of mine!!!"

That won't work. I was at a laundromat one morning when two JW teens walked in and approached me. I had a printout of the UN papers in my car, but when I offered to go and get it for them to read, the gal almost blew a gasket. She wasn't interested in reading anything that I had to offer.

So - turn about is fair play - I refused to accept anything from them.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. There was this time that I saw the JWs on break in a Super S parking lot. I pulled up next to them, hopped out - knocked on their window, and when they rolled it down, I handed them the UN papers, and said that I had something for THEM to read. The gal sitting in the front seat was taken off guard, and accepted it. Whether they read it or not... that's another matter.

• freedom96
    freedom96

If they are nice, I am pleasent, if they are rude, they get an earful to think about.

• poppers
    poppers

I try to explain politely why I am not interested, the main reason being how it splits families apart. I keep them on this point and away from biblical references. Instead, I appeal to their innate (hopefully) sense of what is a loving thing to do when there are disagreements between family members. Usually after a few minutes they practically run away.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good heavens!!! Happy Birthday, Jim TX!!!

hugs
    Baba

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit