When a Jehovah`s Witness comes to your Door

by OUTLAW 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Steph!..It`s not likely they`d ever get to my door thats for sure...If the mountains and weather didn`t kill them,the local wildlife would eat them..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• dido
    dido

In the 5 years i`ve been d/f i have only had one tract put thro` my door a few months ago. i was putting out the rubbish the other morning, and they were just about to go in to my neighbour pathway. I looked up and caught one straight in the eye, and then shut the door. No-one has attempted to call on me, no shepherding calls, which i thought they were supposed to do, probably because i caused such a stink when i left, bringing an appeal, which was to expose the pervert elder in my cong.

I've only been called on once, and that was when I first moved into my house about 13 years ago. Two men came to the door I let them give their litte talk, and then asked if they had their trinity pamphlet. They bith very proudly said yes and pulled it out of their bags. I aksed if they ahd studied the thing. They said Yes, so I said "did you look up all the quotations in there?" "Yes" they said. "Really, you looked up the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Anti-Nicne Fathers etc." "Oh no we don't need to as we have faithful men who know about this stuff, we just read the Bible quotes." So I said "Do you that when the bible sais to "Make the truth you own, you should do that, and that the Boreans were praised for not just believeing Paul but checking out what he said first" "Yes, and we have done that" "You have done that with this book" I asked. "No but in the past". I said "Ok but not with this book, fine. Would you be interested to read the Anti-Nicen Fathers since your book quoted from them? That was you can make the truth your own?" They said "We don't have a copy of that book in the library, but maybe next time we go to Brooklyn" I interupted and said "You don't have to go to brooklyn I have the 20 volume set here in my library along with a lot of the other books quoted from." They then got real antsy and said 'Is there a problem your trying to show us?" I said "That depends on your point of view, do you think God would lie to his chosen people?" The replied 'No, of course not" I said "Neither do I, but can you explain to me why are the vast majority of the quotes in this pamphlet are either taken out of context or are at least made to seem as though the writer said the opposite of what they intended?" Then they wanted to leave they said 'Why don't you contact WT headquartes and ask them these questions, they are the ones who would have those answers." I said "Because you are the ones knocking on my door trying to get me to joint your religion because your religion has all the answers and the truth. If you personally don't have the answers to these simple as yet non-doctronal questions then you should really re-evaluate why you are knocking on other peoples doors."

No they have never come back. However that may be due to my wife is an active JW and they now all know me.

I always treat them with respect and kindness, and always show love to them. I was missled at one time also. (there are a few that I will always hate, but that is for another thread when I am ready to put it in writing) I have been approached a few times on the street by ones who don't know me and I always listen but kindly refuse their offer. When I do this I say 'I believe your theology is flawed" That has not yet faild to start a conversation in which I will take the simplest teaching and distroy it but in a loving and gentle way, always remembering I am distroying their faith. I realize it could hurt them in the short term but it is better for them in the long term.

• avengers
    avengers
    When a Jehovah`s Witness comes to your Door

it always ruins my day.

• Honesty
    Honesty

JW's don't come to my door.

They avoid people who openly expose their beloved and adored 'Faithful Slave' as True Apostates.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    !..It`s not likely they`d ever get to my door thats for sure...If the mountains and weather didn`t kill them,the local wildlife would eat them..

I hear you sleep on a grizzly bear and use two wolverines as pillows. Must be a bitch when you need to fluff your pillows in the middle of the night!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I never see them out anywhere since I moved from my hometown and I have moved to several areas in Little Rock. I live in a high rise now and never see tracts or magazines left at any doors so I wonder if the territory where I live is even worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit