by AlmostAtheist 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I bet you are an ISTP.

I'm an ISTJ, is that close enough? ;-)

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I've found that my iPod really helps me get stuff done.

I agree, Dan, and it helps me too. Particularly at work, since if I'm listening to music then I can't hear people coming up to me, and thus I have to actually work instead of playing around on JWD!

And does it really make me a second-class citizen just because I compress my music to ridiculously small files? (Yes, yes it does...) ;-)

Dave

• noniya
    noniya

Hi

I am a newby so I will introduce myself first. I have never been a JW, but had a very close friend that was. I do believe in God. I believe as humans we are convinced about things that at the moment does seem like the quote, unquote, truth. The long sought for answer to religious truth, fate, God and life can seem to be answered for us, giving us the feeling of satisfaction that we found it.

I believe in freedom of religion, but not when it controls, or determines your own free will or freedom of thought. I believe we were created to think for ourselves, have a free will to choose right from wrong.

I was raised pentecostal. Examples of Pentecostals go from what is assigned Holiness. Beliefs that are severely strict, to Independent Pentecostals, who do enjoy their favorite tv shows, go to movies, and dance. My point is there are so many differentials in all religions, that how could someone know which one was "right" if they wanted the "right" one for them.

My friend and I spent hours debating between JW beliefs and though I was raised Pentecostal I had over the years developed beliefs of my own, reading the bible, studying it. During these talks ironically though the religions seeped through, I found because of what we read together there were alot of things we believed the same way on. The exact same way. Maybe if religion was pushed aside completely and we allowed ourselves to COMPLETELY think and learn on our own we may have found it's not as desperately difficult as it is made out to be by having to totally stand by exactly what the religion believed and said it had to be.

I would descibe myself as a someone that learned to never let anyone think or believe for me. I can do that for myself and while I may be wrong some or right some, I am learning for myself. I am not at all saying I don't love to learn from others, listen to their views, thoughts or beliefs. I love to learn and listen, but when it comes to the bottom line I am able to choose for myself, as everyone should be allowed to.

anyway I love to talk, make new friends, learn and laugh.No matter what you believe, who you are, glad to meet you all.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Dave, I can totally identify with you. This is the worse that I have been in my life. I'm tired all the dang time. I have no motivation to get out of the bed. Some days I'm too tired to even get up to go to the doctor. I've been having this toothache for over a month. I hate dentist and I have dental insurance. I didn't go to the dentist, I made my husband pull my tooth out last night. Now, you know that's lazy.

I remember working none stop when I was younger. I'd jump out of bed and exercise and all that! Now, I'm just a slug. I don't know what happened!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm not lazy, I'm an energy conservationist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit