No, really, it means THIS generation will by no means pass away...

by BabaYaga 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

With this seemingly endless 1914 "this generation" brouhaha, I wondered what the age was of the current oldest living human.

No surprise, the answer was found on the Guiness site:
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=48371

"Oldest Man - Living
    Emiliano Mercado Del Toro (Puerto Rico), born in Cabo Rojo on August 21, 1891, became the oldest fully authenticated man residing in the world on 17 January 2005 at the age of 113 years 149 days.

"Currently living in Isabela, Puerto Rico, he is also the oldest living veteran, having been called up in 1918 by the US Army. A non-combat veteran, he was two months into training when World War I ended on 11 November 1918." ~end quote.

So... he was 23 years old in 1914.

I dunno. I was kinda hoping we'd be closer to settling this whole wrong date thing... YET AGAIN...

Anyone have any idea how to determine how many folks who were alive in 1914 are still alive today? Where would you go for that kind of thing? Census?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

*looking around*

ooops, sorry . . . I thought this was the joke page . . .

ESTEE

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

EXACTLY!!! So... when are they gonna die off already?

*dOh* ...was that too harsh?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Since the change of the generation doctrine in 1995 it does not matter how many were alive in 1914. Witnesses can potentially say it is the last days for hundreds of years now. (though the message will get pretty tired)

Interesting information about the oldest man though

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I read on the news a couple of weeks ago that there are quite a few Japanese who are over 100 years of age, I think it was over 10,000, but as has been said, they changed the meaning of the generation a few years ago, so it doesn't really matter now.

Typical wts eh, always got a new story ready when time looks like running out on the old one.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I read on the news a couple of weeks ago that there are quite a few Japanese who are over 100 years of age

Because they eat fish. Japanese men are also the biggest smokers in the world. But they eat fish. Eat fish.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Generation" cannot possibly apply to some few straggling specimen from a generation. The word means what it means, the generation that saw 1914 died off long ago. It had already died off when 1985 rolled around.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Because they eat fish. Japanese men are also the biggest smokers in the world. But they eat fish. Eat fish.

I heard it was from eating a certain kind of awful tasting potatoe

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

After reading Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, I know the answer!

"Pick me! Pick me!" *jumping up and down in my seat"

And knowing the dubs to be a fear-based religion: I figure Armageddon is a fear-based belief . . . They are afraid to die!

---

*wondering if they really believe their own teachings about the resurrection. . .*

ESTEE

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's been a decade since they changed the generation doctrine it is now defined in a different way it is all people that disobey the gospel past present and future IOW the generation is already nearly 2000 years long and may go on for centuries more. Why did it take them so long to realise this (and I don't really agree with this definition)? Because the margins were exhausted for a literal generation and they had to come up with something new. Yet they still go on about the end being so near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit