Demons and God did the same thing *gasp*

by ESTEE 24 Replies latest jw friends

• freetosee
    freetosee

Estee,

you said that my first post is what jws believe. I don’t think so, all I remember the wt saying is, the angels had forsaken their heavenly position and their offspring was a giant breed which increased the wickedness in Noah’s day. My quotation was taken from here: http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/ed.pdf -"

former Gilead registrar Ed Dunlap's notes " his research did not go along with the WTS. The quote does not completely contradict the wt teaching, but shows added reason why the fallen "sons of god" produced offspring.

fts

• TopHat
    TopHat

Did God use Mary's egg? I don't think so myself.....I feel GOD implanted Jesus in Mary's womb...but Mary's chromosomes had nothing to do with Jesus. He WAS like Adam as a human.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In its original (polytheistic) context, the mythological passage in Genesis 6:1ff doesn't speak of angels but of bene-ha-'elohim, "sons of the gods," which in Hebrew naturally means gods just as benoth-ha-'adam, "daughters of man(kind)" means "women". The "angelic" interpretation of this passage starts much later, with the "Watchers" of 1 Enoch, when the Genesis passage is read in the new conceptual frame of monotheism. In the original polytheistic setting we have the common mythological motif of gods interbreeding with mortals and begetting demigods or heroes, which suits the Hebrew gibborim "mighty ones" in v. 4.

Following on freetosee's comments I can think of another OT case, that of Samson who is so similar to the Greek Herakles (Hercules), son of Zeus and the woman Alcmene, wife of Amphytrion who will adopt the child. Samson (shimshon) is named after Shamash, the Sun(-god), and prior to his birth (the angel of) Yhwh meets his mother alone, unbeknownst to her husband Manoach (who calls Samson "the child," not "our son"). Herakles' and Samson's first heroic "work" will be killing a lion... etc.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

freetosee wrote:

The quote does not completely contradict the wt teaching, but shows added reason why the fallen "sons of god" produced offspring.

Yes, I realize what you are saying. Thanks for your comment, freetosee. I appreciate hearing from you.

Narkissos wrote:

Following on freetosee's comments I can think of another OT case, that of Samson who is so similar to the Greek Herakles (Hercules), son of Zeus and the woman Alcmene, wife of Amphytrion who will adopt the child. Samson (shimshon) is named after Shamash, the Sun(-god), and prior to his birth (the angel of) Yhwh meets his mother alone, unbeknownst to her husband Manoach (who calls Samson "the child," not "our son"). Herakles' and Samson's first heroic "work" will be killing a lion... etc.

This is very interesting. Thanks Narkissos!

So the condemnation . . . the judgment . . . is that a fear-based, man-made slant against these gods who were not YHWH? That somehow made its way into the old testament? Well, new testament, too---in Jude.

ESTEE

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    w02 3/15 p.19

Questions From Readers

Did

the imperfection of the virgin girl Mary have a negative effect on the conception of Jesus?

Concerning "the birth of Jesus," the inspired record says: "During the time his mother Mary was promised in marriage to Joseph, she was found to be pregnant by holy spirit before they were united." (Matthew 1:18) Indeed, God’s holy spirit played a pivotal role in Mary’s pregnancy.

What, though, about Mary? Did her egg cell, or ovum, contribute at all toward her pregnancy? In view of God’s promises made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, and King David—Mary’s forefathers—the child born would have to be their genuine descendant. (Genesis 22:18; 26:24; 28:10-14; 49:10; 2 Samuel 7:16) How else could the child born to Mary be a rightful heir of those divine promises? He would have to be her actual son.—Luke 3:23-34.

Jehovah’s angel had appeared to the virgin girl Mary, saying: "Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God; and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus." (Luke 1:30, 31) Conception requires that an egg become fertile. Apparently, Jehovah God caused an ovum in Mary’s womb to become fertile, accomplishing this by the transferal of the life of his only-begotten Son from the spirit realm to earth.—Galatians 4:4.

Could a child conceived in this way by an imperfect woman be perfect and free from sin in his physical organism? How do the laws of heredity work when there is a union of perfection with imperfection? Remember that holy spirit was employed in transferring the perfect life force of God’s Son and causing the conception. This canceled out any imperfection existing in Mary’s ovum, thereby producing a genetic pattern that was perfect from its start.

In any case, we can be certain that the operation of God’s holy spirit at that time guaranteed the success of God’s purpose. The angel Gabriel had explained to Mary: "Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son." (Luke 1:35) Yes, God’s holy spirit formed, as it were, a protective wall so that no imperfection or hurtful force could blemish the developing embryo from conception on.

Clearly, Jesus owed his perfect human life to his heavenly Father, not to any man. Jehovah "prepared a body" for him, and Jesus—from conception onward—was truly "undefiled, separated from the sinners."—Hebrews 7:26; 10:5.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit