Is it possible for someone to "Love being a JW"?

by JH 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

A few days ago, I met an old lady that has a JW as neighbour. She knows that JW couple since years, although she isn't a JW. So, I asked that old lady, "do you still see that JW couple once in a while", hoping for some kind of juicy news.........and she answered me, yes I see that JW sister and she is still a JW, and she told me that she "loves being a JW".... Gee, that JW couple are JW's since over 20 years. Many of their JW friends quit, but not them.

So, my question is, "How can a person love to be a JW" when so many others just "hate" being in that religion?

I could understand if she said, she is still a JW, but she loves being a JW is too much for me to comprehend....

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes - it is called being in denial. And then eventually you either die completely inside and become so numb you cannot express any happiness or joy at all in your life nor see the bright side of any day. Or, you completely snap and need serious medication in order to stay in your denial. Lilly

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The Watchtower tells me I am happy so I must be happy.

Yep, Jehovah's happy snappy people.

I have seen the inner sanctum of too many dub homes to know the truth.

::waving at Lilly::

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Kate,

Lilly is waving back!

• sspo
    sspo

So, my question is, "How can a person love to be a JW" when so many others just "hate" being in that religion?

I could understand if she said, she is still a JW, but she loves being a JW is too much for me to comprehend....

There is more of them than those of us, so what does it tell you/

Many ,many love to be a JW because they feel they have the truth, they know God's will for the future and they pity all of us and the rest of the world.

Were you ever a witness? if you were, you certanly forgot how it felt?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Birds of a feather flock together, this is where all of the people who hate being jw's congregate. Those who love it go to meetings. Were the goats they are the sheep. My mother in law and sisters in law and brothers in laws have been witnesses for over 30 years and some of their parents at least 20 years before them. Thats what they do. Its a big world, theres something and someplace for everybody. I knew a long time ago that when they enjoyed going to assemblies and meetings, and I prefered to ride my motorcycle and play my guitatr, that we were different.

• JH
    JH
    Were you ever a witness? if you were, you certanly forgot how it felt?

Yes I was a JW, and I never did love being a JW. I was a JW because I felt I had to do this to please God.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Oh yeah! My relatives love being Witnesses. The love meetings and service and not having to buy gifts or be civil to people they don't like. They love assemblies and they like having all the laws laid out for them so they can live a sanitary life.

They need the instant friends and they like all the fighting and bickering and gossip. It's easy to see why they think they have the truth with all those benefits.

• ballistic
    ballistic

strange kind of truth there I haven't seen explained so plainly before.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Weird question

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit