how many atheist and agnostics on this site

by dannygwalsh 53 Replies latest jw friends

• looseend
    looseend

I am an atheist ... but then again who knows. I know one thing I would rather believe in nothing. I would rather believe that we just don't understand everything completely yet. Instead of believing that somehow 6 million people have the only phone line to god, which by the way is in war with another mythological creator that we can't rule as physical, (logically) Satan.
    Although, now that I think about it war does seem like a man made thing. (Holy shit could it be that man has been fighting since the beginning of time ... odd concept maybe we should write about it.)

Sorry, I can't say that there is not something bigger to the picture, but if there is it is not what MOST think. maybe one day humans will get out of this adolescent state of mind and grow up to the real picture. Until then I think I am going to let science take its turn.

remember you can't see with your eyes closed...

i guess after all of that i could have just said i was atheist

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Thank God I'm an atheist.

No, but seriously, I wouldn't say I stopped believing in God so much as I stopped furiously trying to convince myself of something that just wasn't true. You know why fundamentalist Christians struggle with doubt? It's because they know deep down that there are serious problems in their worldview. Doubt is your rational mind saying, "Now, hold on for a second. That doesn't add up." Spending your life trying to wish those problems away is complete vanity.

In my life now, I accept reality as it really is, or as close as I can tell. I don't have to try to wrap my own tiny worldview around the rest of the universe. I can be open and honest with the people and concepts around me. Life is a million billion times better here.

SNG

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I have found no reason to believe in god, so therefore I am an atheist. If something convicing comes up I'm willing to change my mind but I'm completely convinced that god does not exist.

I am quite happy with that! I'm 17 and have plenty of life left ahead of me. I feel complete now since I don't have to worry that I might be wasting my life serving a god that may or may not exist. I'm now free to live my life the way I want. I also feel smarter now, like an actual individual instead of a mindless little drone for an omnipotent being that doesn't need me anyway.

• dannygwalsh
    dannygwalsh

hi all some very interesting replies and very thought provoking and some very humorous especially from the god is a four letter word guy lols ,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit