how many atheist and agnostics on this site

by dannygwalsh 53 Replies latest jw friends

• dannygwalsh
    dannygwalsh

hi everyone just a question to satisfy my curiosity , and if you are a non believer are you happier for being so

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome dannyg, I am not an atheist but there are quite a few of them on this forum that defend the theory of evolution very fiercely. There are often heated debates on the issue of evolution/creation.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I'm an atheist in progress.

~luv, jojo

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I am an orthodox fundamentalist atheist.

• done4good
    done4good

Atheist by de facto definition. Agnostic by a broader definition.

j

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm an atheist. Yes, I am very happy with it.

Granted, I lost the hope of living forever in paradise/heaven/reincarnation. (Not all atheists reject the idea of reincarnation)

But I don't believe those possibilities exist anyway. So it isn't a matter of picking a belief that makes me happy, but accepting reality and finding happiness in what IS.

I enjoy being the master of my own fate. I don't concern myself with whether or not I'm pleasing an invisible, silent God and am therefore evoking his blessing or malediction. Instead I do the best I can and accept the result.

Things turned out well? Great! I did something right, somebody helped me, or random chance fell in my favor. (Most likely, a mix of all three)

Things turned out badly? Shoot! I probably screwed something up, somebody screwed me, or bad luck spat on me. (Again, probably a mix)

I know several atheists, and I've yet to meet one that says they wish they could go back to their beliefs. (But, in fairness, I also know a few people that used to be atheists and are no longer...)

Dave

• Nowman
    Nowman

I am an agnostic, and I fine with it. I am a person that really doesn't know for sure, and I really don't put alot of effort into finding out. This is because I feel I would wind up back where I started anyway. I think "it is what it is".

Nikki

• gymbob
    gymbob

I'm a dislestic athiest....so I don't believe there is a dog. :)

• skyking
    skyking

I am an agnostic in the making. NOT a atheist yet, I believe something higher but not an almighty power GOD.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

non theistic ecclectic agnostic pagan buddhist free bird <--- revels in the contradiction of All That Is ;)

and isnt it all just about being a good human

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit