My dad's email response to my UN and Blood Issue questions.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I always thought that my dad was a smart man, that he still had his common sense, but now I see that's not true. And for some STUPID reason, this has really got to me tonight. I'm sharing the content of this discussion so that maybe someone else can see the ignorance of this horrible religion of people who cannot really love because their evil Bible won't let them.

I responded to this email and asked him to remember just a year ago or so when he and mom said that I'm no longer their daughter, that they now know how it feels to lose a child because I left their faith, and that I must be on drugs. . .but no, somehow that wasn't tearing ME down, it only counts that I tore them down by criticizing their religious leaders. Look how doing 'good works' erases all the bad!!! I'm done.

Dear Catfish,
    I feel hurt that you have that feeling for the Brothers. On our DPA Card, thats what we call it, the Health Care Power of Attorney, there are areas where you have the right to accept or reject. Then there is a form that goes with the DPA card, on it are instructions for the card and it refers to articles in our literature, along with the DVD's and Video's, that help with making our minds up but then, it is still up to the individual to decide what he will or will not do. You do not have to take blood fractions if you don't want to, that's your business. If you really are troubled by these things you should start going to ALL the meetings, putting Jehovah first in your lives now, then you will be strong 
    enough to make a stand when things like the UN accusation come along or they try to destroy you. A little humility goes a long way. I asked all the Elders at a meeting Tuesday night, if they had ever heard that the Society had used the Library facilities at the UN and there had been notoriety about that. The overall reaction was like mine. SO WHAT. People can make a big thing over anything like that or anything else.  

Why did the Apostle Paul say it was ok to eat blood? So if you

don't ask if meat has been sacrificed to an idol, are we to assume

that the pagan Corinthians drained animals before making an offering.

when you buy steak at the store, do you ask if its been properly bled?

They kill animals for food and pour its blood out.

How and why would you pour human blood on the ground?

Somethings to think about, RIGHT? By the way, i am responding to your last letter but you never responded to mine. First its been the UN then the Blood issue what is #3. Is this intended to build us up or tear down? Shouldn't you be busy preaching the good news in all the earth if you prefer to use the bible and not the WTBTS?
  • PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Yep I agree. He's a nutcase.

Standard typical JW nutcase - same as my relatives. Not evil, but they are nutters somehow.

Like we all were at one time I guess. Isn't life strange!

Pope

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is very hard to receive emails like this. My correspondence with my family has been very similar. My parents, that I thought were intelligent and loving I found out had handed it all over to the Watchtower Society. I don't care if they are JWs, I even cope with them having almost nothing to do with me, but to find that they can no longer think or feel like normal humans is quite devastating.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sorry to hear about your response which really is like no response at all. Its the same rhetoric - if you go to all the meetings and preach more then all your cares and questions will go away. Yeah, because you will be too busy to ask any questions.

Unfortunately we were all like that at one time. We all thought the organization was God and so we were all in denial. Go easy on him and if you can, you keep the peace and be as nice as you can so he can't complain to much. He will believe what he wants to and unless something happens to break the hold the org. has on his mind - he will remain the way he is. Hopefully, the org. will do something even more arrogant (if you can imagine that) and your dad will wake up. Lilly

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I am sorry you got this kind of reply! It is the same brainwashed "crap" they all say! "So what??" "But what does it matter??" Oh this kind of stuff just gets my goat! Yet if "christendom" was found guilty of the same thing, they would be the first to point it out in order for all to see that this was proof of their not being approved from God! They are such hypocrites!

Hang in there! Don't give up on your dad, or anyone else! We don't know what will happen in their lives that may open up their heart to listen and for it to finally soften. It took me two years! Meantime, find comfort in knowing we are here for you and you are not going through this alone!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Yep I agree. He's a nutcase.

Standard typical JW nutcase - same as my relatives. Not evil, but they are nutters somehow.

Like we all were at one time I guess. Isn't life strange!

Nutcase? He's the one saying that its no big deal. And that's how most jw's who are in still see it. So the wts used the library in the UN. So what??? Its us who can't seem to stop talking about it, its us who are making a big deal.

He is right nobody is forced to do anything, that was a decision each and everyone of us made when we were part of it. Live with it. Then most of you will start saying 'Oh well, if I didn't comply I would've been labeled as a spiritual weak person.' Once again, So What??? Where's the downside of doing your own thing and not following what others say. They won't talk to you anymore? LOL, if that's it sign me up I don't mind not being talked to if I didn't agree with something and didn't want to do it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can really feel your empathy R6laser... NOT!!!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

"Using the library" is just a clever ruse.

The JW's joined the UN in order to gain special status to enter countries where the UN holds sway.

They need NGO status to enable them access to these poor countries, where they can more easily sell their religious propaganda and literature and MAKE MONEY. Only the poor countries show any growth in JW figures, and growth means PROFIT.

Don't anyone here make the mistake of believing the WTS lie about library books! That's just a smoke screen.

Shame on you Watchtower! Shame on your greed! Shame on your wicked schemes!

Pope

• zagor
    zagor

They didn't just use library they've JOINED IN, became ONE with UN and its ideals as per NGO application form in order to use library. Heck, that's completely different. You don't have to be an "apostate" to see that.
    If little humility goes long way, what about their humility, or is it only rank and file that must demonstrate humility. What about thousands of witnesses in prisons all around the world for not wanting to give in one bit to things that would compromise them in eyes of WTBS. What about thousands, man, women and children in Malawi killed, raped, robed, displaced (need I continue) for the simple thing of not wanting to buy a party card that would show their subjection to higher governments (which by the way, bible commands to; if in doubt open Romans chapter 13).
    How quickly WTBS draws the bible (Doc Holiday would have envy you for sure) to point to the scripture from Revelation 13:16,17 . Let me quote last bit “and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name”
    With that scripture in mind many young witnesses have screwed their lives, many are still rotting away in prisons for not wanting to compromise. Whether one believes or not what they believe is not a question but what they demonstrate is certainly a fine example of human courage under pressure. How sad that society that leads them and judges them does not apply the same principle but have gladly accepted the “mark of the wild beast” in order to use mere library. Truly sad.

Sorry, just venting

• undercover
    undercover

The WTthink and WTspeak kicked in.

There was hope early in the first correspondance. He responded from his heart and mind. But once he had time to mull it over and talk to others of like faith, years of conditioning took over and the automatic WT reasoning took over and the result was this letter that you received.

This letter looks like it could have been written by any one of the Witnesses who were responding to a family member's doubts instead of a personal letter from a father.

If you lurk here just to read the experiences you start to see the mind control. So many people talk about a letter or conversation they have with a JW family member. Everything went well...maybe there's hope. Then...the JW comes back later with an almost rehearsed and memorized WT line of reasoning. You're no longer corresponding with the man, the father...you're corresponding with a JW robot.

It gets debated on this board and elsewhere if JWs are a cult. While they may not fit everyone's definition of a cult, this is one area that gives credence to the idea that they are indeed a mind controling cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit