Bethel Departures: The writing on the wall

by What-A-Coincidence 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

R6Laser

were most of you really screwed that bad?

Yes dude. Please understand us. Please show empathy. Think about it..it's not WHAT we write, buy WHY we write.

I just left and nothing ever happened to me

We are so happy for you. Do you know what empathy is? Please look it up before you post comments like you have.

Empathy is one's ability to recognize, perceive and directly experientially feel the emotion of another

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    why is it that everything news related to the jws is a big event to all of you here

Who said it's a big event?

Jw related events are merely points for discussion, and as this is a jw discussion board, we tend to discuss them. It's you that's making a big deal of things, not us.

Why are you so antagonistic anyway? You said you left the jws and moved on. At the moment, I'll believe the left part of that statement, I'm unconvinced you've moved on, or were you always like this?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Its called taking control of your life and moving on.

Good for you. Keep moving.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

lol ... SEE YA LATER!

• parakeet
    parakeet

R6L wrote: ***Here's a new tought for you, get over it.***

1. Then why are you here? 2. Learn to spell.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    R6Laser: Were most of you really screwed that bad?

I can't speak for most, but yes, ********, I was really screwed that bad. And I am still being screwed.

A bit of empathy might reveal to you that not everyone on earth has your circumstances, and not everyone on earth had your options. Holding everyone else accountable to your standards is a very JW way to live your life. As witness, your own words:

R6Laser: They were trying to tell me how I should live my life and what I should do with my future.

That was excerpted from your third post on this forum. You were describing the elders in your congregation. Now you are doing the same to us. You learned well.

AuldSoul

• beavis
    beavis

Some here are ex-bethelites, pioneers, ect., ect., and wonder if their precious and valuable time could have been better spent elsewhere. What is R6LASER's story, how many years of the good ol' "full time service" do you have? All of the persons that have been uncerimoniously dismissed from their safe haven of bethel are leaving and scratching their heads and wondering what in the heck they are going to do. Many of these persons are in their 40's with high school diplomas and are now being thrust out into the workforce. I, like so many of my "vow of poverty" co-workers, had no college education and spent years working for what we all thought was for the LORD and a good cause. However, when spending years at this beloved place, one begins to see things from a different perspective, especially for all those who have been laid off. These are the same persons who would have told you a couple of years ago, to trust God and he will work it out....NOW WHAT? Now these persons are beginning to see the society from a diffferent perspective like so many of us now have.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Its called taking control of your life and moving on.

rude (not u warlock) We were all afftected and wronged in some way or other. Some (most) of us are still feeling the effects and dealing with it. We are here to support each other. That is what this forum is about. I'm glad you weren't affected by it. But at least, show some respect. I'm sure u can find other boards that are more to your tastes.

Have a happy life......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit