Have you ever noticed how "Born-Agains" get angry when you don't believe?

by booker-t 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

The same person who told me about the Hormel chili/gay connection tried to evangelize me a few weeks ago. They asked me some questions about my own beliefs, which eventually moved to whether or not animals had souls. I pointed out that Solomon clearly believed that they did, and that he believed they came from and went to the same place as human souls. (Ecclesiastes 3:19-21). From there we progressed to discussing evolution. I asked this individual if they had actually examined any evidence which supported evolution, or read any books such as "Origin of Species". Their response was "Fuck Darwins Book". I replied that this response didn't sound as if they had examined both sides of the argument, and so really weren't qualified to take a position either way. This fine Christian person then told me to "Shut The Fuck Up!". So, yes, I suppose I have noticed how some Born-Again Christians react when they find you don't share their beliefs.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In my experience, ALL extremists (of any stripe) get angry when people don't agree with their viewpoints on an issue about which they are an extremist. I think that is a defining characteristic of extremism. Extremists are unreasonable, unyielding, and intolerant in their perspectives.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I've noticed the same emotional reaction to the "global warming" idea - when I roll my eyes at them...

CZAR

• TopHat
    TopHat

My sister-in-law is a born again....When she heard I had become an exJW she called me to say how she had been praying I will get out of that religion. I told her, now that I was out of THAT religion my eyes are open to ALL organized religions and how corrupt they are and how blindly members worship a man-made organization that claims to speak for God. She didn't like what I had to say, and I hear less from her now than when I was a JW.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I just noticed something myself ! Booker-t has started several threads where he kicks up a lot of dust...making broad brush accusations against some 'group' -- then disappears ! *poof*

No debate , discussion, no nuttin'... wude, weely, weely wude. (In my most humble opinion)

Anybody else noticed this, too ?

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit