New Urban Legend! Anyone heard about Hormel?

by gaiagirl 38 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

A member of another conservative cult (calls itself a Bible Fellowship) where I work told me that Hormel, the makers of canned chili and other foods, is run by homosexuals, and that I shouldn't buy or eat their products. I asked how the bedroom practices of the company owners or employees affected the quality of the food? Their reply was that "everything gives off something" and that the food would be tainted by some kind of deviant unnatural vibes because the owners/employees were deviant and following an unnatural lifestyle. I then explained that many of my friends were gay and lesbian, and I found them to be honorable people, and that I for one didn't care what they did in their private lives. This whole rumour reminds me of the story about Proctor and Gamble some years back.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Let me get this straight (no pun intended): Spam is GAY now??

I'll just have to stick with the old Fray Bentos Corned Beef, I guess.

Don't people have lives? Or faith in a God Who's bigger than their groceries?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Gee.....this must be the biggest news yet on the board tonight!

Our local florist is gay.....do I have to stop smelling the roses in there now?

Annie......who wonders how some people can even live with themselves......

• aniron
    aniron
    member of another conservative cult (calls itself a Bible Fellowship) where I work told me that Hormel, the makers of canned chili and other foods, is run by homosexuals, and that I shouldn't buy or eat their products

Apart from I nearly fell off my seat laughing.

Just on what basis do they come to that idea?

Don't they think that homosexuals are probably working for every single food company.

Will they stop wearing certain clothes because the designer is homosexual?

Would they stop driving a certain make of car because the guys on the assembly line were gay?

• Funchback
    Funchback

Tell your workmate that, after thorough research, it is actually HOMEL that is run by gays.

HOMEL: Where coming out (of the can) is encouraged!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I asked how the bedroom practices of the company owners or employees affected the quality of the food? Their reply was that "everything gives off something" and that the food would be tainted by some kind of deviant unnatural vibes because the owners/employees were deviant and following an unnatural lifestyle.

Ahhh. Well now, this explains it. I wondered why I felt attracted to David Hasselhoff after having chili for lunch. I guess if I eat any more Hormel foods, I'll wind up in a bath house soon.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Damn homelsexuals... they get everywhere. Whatever you do, don't eat the mayo...

Black and Decker is run by Negros, so be warned...

But seriously... if anyone said that to me at work I would have them repeat it in front of other people and (if the company's standards of conduct whilst at work were worth a damn) then refer it to personel and have great satisfaction in watching them pack their stuff in a box and leave.

There is no way one can fight illogical bigotry, whether it is about race or sexual oriontation. Irrational hatre cannot be fought rationally. What one can do is make sure such bigots realise uttering such things will have them excluded from polite society and gainful emplyment... and hopefully have to claim welfare from someone as gay as a pink lame tent with its flaps open...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Tell your workmate that, after thorough research, it is actually HOMEL that is run by gays.

HOMEL: Where coming out (of the can) is encouraged!

rofl.....you are too much!!!!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

And I thought the company was started by a prostitute named "Melanie." I know what they mean though...I quit using Ben Gay years ago...it was just too...you know Gay!

And another thing...good god-fearing Christians should not use TUMS...afterall, if you spell it backwards it's S-M-U-T ! Oh Gawd I'm getting hot just thinking about it...excuse me I've gotta call my Congressman for some moral advice.

-BONEZZ

• greendawn
    greendawn

They sound very cultic like the dubs think that second hand objects can contain demons, imagine taht homosexual vibes in food, though not a homosexual I had social contact with some of them and I never felt any bad vibes coming from their bodies themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit