Ray Franz CoC, was he in denial? Just asking.

by Wasanelder Once 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

ORLY?

His "cause" was to collect minions that would satisfy that craving for power

He could have done this, he had the opportunity. But, he did exactly the opposite. He also voiced something to the affect that he did not want to start another religion, group, or whatever. To this day he has refused to be the leader of another group.

I do agree however, that he was in denial about the wt society. I think he thought along the lines that while it was majorly wrong about tsome important things, it was still god's org. Also, it seems to me that for some reason or another, he withheld and continues to withold dirt about the gb. He continues to protect them. Perhaps he refuses to make it personal.

S

• minimus
    minimus

Birdbrain, you were a JW, were you not?? And you still defend them in your own cute way.

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT
    Birdbrain, you were a JW, were you not?? And you still defend them in your own cute way.

Wrong again.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are many on the JWD that are trying to fade away from the organization because
    of what it would mean to be DF'ed. There are many who remain elders while they are
    going thru doubt. There are many JW's who feel that they have God's Organization with
    the Borg, but need to make changes.

Ray could have left sooner, but did not. He may have never left if not for his DF, but it
    happened. His help for the ex-JW cause is great. Could it be more? Yeah, but everyone
    decides how much involvement they want to have or how much they just want to have a
    life.

Does anyone here criticize an ex-JW that decided to DA and move on with his life, having
    absolutely nothing to do with JW or JWD for that matter?
    Do you criticize an ex-JW because he doesn't picket WT headquarters or the local KH with
    all of his free time, proclaiming them a cult,or baby-killers, or silent about pediphiles?

You can all do as much or as little as you want, you can stay or go, depending on your
    circumstances. I wouldn't criticize a person for making his own decisions. It's okay to
    talk about on this forum, but in the end, nobody should really get bitter about it. Now,
    if you want to criticize the book, that's totally different. Is he holding out stuff? I say YES.
    It probably is because he is trying to avoid a personal attack.

• minimus
    minimus

Then you better review your past comments in July, Birdbrain.

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

What I meant about you being wrong...is about me "defending" JW's.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    His "cause" was to collect minions that would satisfy that craving for power that he could no longer have quenched by being on the GB.

Evidence, please.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    You're clueless. I'm not even one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Then you've got no dog in this fight. Your condescening condemnation of a man of conscience who led so many of us out of the wilderness speaks volumes about who's truly clueless.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Ray told me he continued attending meetings in Alabama in an attempt to gain some time to share the truth about the WTS and its teachings with a number of his friends (those outside his immediate circle). I believe him. I did the same thing myself (although not in Alabama).

• minimus
    minimus

YOU LIED AND GOT CAUGHT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit