Ray Franz CoC, was he in denial? Just asking.

by Wasanelder Once 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I always had doubts growing up. BUt I kept on because it was everything I knew.

In 1995 I really got that sinking feeling with the generation change.

It wasn't until 10 years later 2004/5 that I finally had enough and was willing to lay it all on the line.

It wasn't because I liked giving public talks or announcements or going to special schools as a Ministerial Servant that I hung on. I hung on because of the people I loved so much and I didn't want to disappoint. I felt I had a responsibility to toe the party line no matter what and that me questioning was my selfish imperfect tendancies.

I can only imagine that someone like Ray Franz with his level of responsibility had much more concerns than me. He didn't have the Internet either, and tons of others that had gone through the same thing as him that he could reach at the drop of a hat like we do.

There would be legions of ex-JWs organized together, with or without Ray Franz. So I doubt his leaving had anything to do with him wanting a bunch of followers.

-ithinkisee

• uriah
    uriah

I really don't see how Ray Franz's being in denial or not is important. What is important is that he wrote two books that have helped many hundreds if not thousands of people including me. I did not feel he was looking for followers nor power, if he wanted that he would have stayed as a GB member, whatever the cost. In corporations the man at the top recruits those most like him/herself. This cascades down the hierachy so that there is a continuous supply of 'company (wo)men. Sometimes they get it wrong and appoint someone who thinks a bit differently or just thinks. When that happens they become a threat and are got rid of. I believe that this was the case with Ray Franz. I often used to wonder, on my way out of the WTBT$, what compelled the top brass to stay, seeing as they had no money, vow of poverty and the like. Then it came to me. Power. The power to control 6 million people. To have thousands hanging on your every word at an assembly and applauding statements you make and the adoration, veneration even of 'your' followers would be very addictive. You can see this in the local congregations, all the wannabees jockying for position, brown noseing and up the elders/co/do fundus so far that all you could see were the soles of their feet. Ray Franz's book helped me to see this clearly and many other things and I thank him for it. I don't want to be his follower and I am pretty sure he doesn't want any either. Re: Ray Franz CoC, was he in denial? Just asking. - Why?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    You're clueless. I'm not even one of Jehovah's Witnesses. But I love how people get pissed when an opinion about Franz is shared.

Methinks you are a quasi-troll then. But, whatever floats your personal boat......this is, after all, a DB and therefore, open to all and sundry opinions. However, if you have never been a JW, then, you really cannot possibly understand the depth of brain washing that those who have were subjected to. Please don't try to speak as an authority on that which you haven't fully experienced.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit