Tattoos are mainly for pagans, false worshipping and rebellious ones...

by FreedomFrog 30 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

According to the Watchtower
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20030922a/article_01.htm

I just found this while I was doing my research paper for my Communication class...can you believe this???

• Mary
    Mary
    While Christians today are not under the Law of Moses, the prohibition it laid on tattooing is sobering. ( Ephesians 2:15 ; Colossians 2:14, 15 ) If you are a Christian, you would certainly not want to make markings on your body—even temporarily—that smack of paganism or false worship.

Ya, unlike wearing a wedding ring----which the Egyptians used and is also directly related to pagan worship.

Why do they zero in on tattoos as being forbidden under the Mosaic Law, but ignore the eating of pork and shellfish, which was a big part of things forbidden under the Mosaic Law?? Why do they ignore the Ten Commandments, telling us that those laws were given to the nation of Israel and they're not binding upon Christians?? Either Christians are under the Mosaic Law, or they're not. You can't pick and choose which of those ancient laws you think Christians should still obey, while ignoring other parts of it.

I have 5 "tattoo" markings on me that I had to get for radiation a few years ago. I'm a wus and those 5 dots hurt like hell, so there's no way on earth I would ever get a tattoo. However, I know others that have gotten them and they look really nice.......it's nobody's damn business if you get a tattoo or not. Lord, doesn't the GB have anything else to worry about??

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Funny that they don't find the previous verse sobering - the one that says you mustn't shave off your beard.

HB

• JH
    JH

I should get a 666 tattooed on my forehead and go to the hall.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Ya, unlike wearing a wedding ring

a wedding ring is considered ok because it has a safety factor ie it informs others that you are married and therefore not available...i got checked once for not wearing my wedding ring...which i had removed because it was not in fact very safe when cleaning windows..so i suppose a tattoo would be considered acceptable if you had it visible , like in the middle of your forehead , announcing "i am married - hands off"

have it done in chinese though for decorative purposes

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I should get a 666 tattooed on my forehead and go to the hall.

That would be so funny. Even if it was a tempory one it would be a horrible thing in their eyes as they say in the article, "If you are a Christian, you would certainly not want to make markings on your body—even temporarily". So go in with a temp. tatt..

Did you notice how they were misusing the scriptures? Some of the scriptures didn't even apply to their argument. I also thought it was interesting they used 2 Cor. 6:3 to argue not to "stumble" ones...what about them shunning family and friends? Wouldn't that be stumbling others as well? Especially because the rest of the world views the shunning as unloving. Yet, if they were to "stumble" ones from becoming JW's because of the harse punishments the borg deals out, that would be because the individual is too easily stumbled.
  • Good Girl or Bad Girl?
  • HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hello my dear Freedom Froggie! (I still have your little frog on my kitchen window sill and reminds me of you often)!

Whenever I see JW's around town and they are likely to see me up close and personal I am always sure to expose my tattoos for their viewing enjoyment. What a bunch of BS!!

hug...cathy l.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Like all fads, tattoos may lose their appeal over time.
    Tattoo-bearing Egyptian and Libyan mummies have been found that date back hundreds of years before the time of Christ.

Funny...both of those statements in the same article.

"Once pigment is in, even if there's no infection, there's always the chance of contact allergies, dermatitis and allergic reactions that can cause skin to get red, swollen, crusty and itchy."

Woooooo! Scary! I hate when they quote a doctor to scare people. Especially when the Dr. says a whole bunch of nothing.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Ephesians 2:15 ; Colossians 2:14, 15 ; 2 Corinthians 6:15-18 .

While Christians today are not under the Law of Moses, the prohibition it laid on tattooing is sobering.

Just noticed...what's so sobering about these scrips?

If you are a Christian, you would certainly not want to make markings on your body—even temporarily—that smack of paganism or false worship.—

I haven't heard that one used by them yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit