new member here

by pippy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pippy
    pippy

hi, i just joined this site and thought i would say hi. My brief history is being raised as a witness, disfellowshiped for being a normal 17 year old, spending 10 years feeling guilty and thinking im going to die and so will my husband and son. mother and father in it and always run out crying because they think they failed as parents cause none of their kids stayed in it. last year i went to investigate,as i was feeling i would never overcome the bad feelings i have, and after 4 months of sitting up the back, they reinstated me. Just as i was realising what a crock it all is.lol

anyway, i went to 2 meetings and then an assembly with my parents, and at 28 years old , i felt like a child and their puppet , being dragged around meeting all these depressed people and hearing how hard their lives are. They told everyone i had beed d'd for 10 years and just came back,and everyone gave a fake smile and took a step backwards, as if i was a leppar. then my dad pointed out the elder that disfellowshipped me and gave me a look as if he had done justice,and my dad was happy. then my mum said because my husband is not a witness , ppl find it hard ,but i will find it harder, as i will be living a seperate life from him. the ppl on the stage said at one point, you cant trust anyone in the world so you mose well trust us , what have u got to lose. and everyone started clapping?? !#*!

the whole experience was a joke, and i left with the intention of never walking into a hall again. I felt a weight be lifted from my back and i finnally feel like a normal person with a propper personality and thought prosses. Not a zombie who cant think for himself, and not know why they feel the way they do. 1 year later, after no one noticed i never returned, i felt for my mum and dad cause they still get so upset. i never tell them how i really feel as i think it will hurt them, but i did recently and mum said if i meet some nice ppl that i might change my mind, so giving them the benifit of doubt i went to a meeting. I nearly had to stand up and say "are you all insane, what is wrong with u ppl." after i told one man that my hubbys mum said any religion is good for kids to get an education about it , we dont fight about it and he would let me take them to meetings,but would not want to come ,this man said,":well then you have to get into his mothers head then. " I was shocked, its all about culling for them, and i hated it.also all the mum s with young children were pushing prams out the back ,rolling their eyes ,and sayingt how hard it is. i thought it should be fun,that you should look forward to it and maybe like other religions they should cater for the kids, so they are not screaming to break free from the shackels.!! i told mum to make sure no one gets my address but i know some of them have seen me in my complex. I find it entertaining, and i think im a perfect candidate for a "mole". I wish dearly that my parents would see the real light, and finnally get alife instead of sitting on the couch waiting for arrmogedon.

sorry this turned into a long post

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome! I think I would go insane if I ever stepped back into a hall again, let alone an assembly. Are your parents shunning you? Or are you considered "inactive"?

Dams

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome! You didn't say anything about your monkey, what up?

Sounds as if you are in the perfect position to retain your parents association. At least you're not DF'd any more and they have no excuse for not associating with you. I hope they will continue to be friends with you despite your inactivity within the Borganization.

Hope your longstockings keep you warm this winter and you keep posting!

W.Once

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

A big HELLO Pippy! I saw your thread topic and wanted to say Hello. It takes nerve to join. I didn't read your post yet, I am on way to bed, but wanted to say welcome. I'll read all about ya in the morning with my cup of joe

Kitten Whiskers (((hugs)))

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi, Pippy and a warm welcome to you. Have you read the book Crisis of Conscience? Please get one and read it soon if you haven't. And come back here and read and post often. You're going to be so much happier. Just hope the best for your parents and be careful to say only little things here and there to them.

• gadfly
    gadfly

Hello Pippy!

Welcome and kudos for being brave enough to call enough ENOUGH!

• gadfly
    gadfly

Hello Pippy --

Welcome and congrats on being brave enough to say enough is ENOUGH!

I have this long time (ever since df'd) fantasy about returning to the land of the Borg and attending some meetings. It's almost like being able to speak a language -- it seems to never change -- and I'd like to sit there and look all normal and depressed -- you know, like all the other JW's -- and then just say something rational and liberated. Or . . . . maybe not. Maybe that's a pearls before swine situation . . .

But you ROCK for seeing the FOREST for the trees, even if the trees are your parents.

I know how that feels -- but like another member said, at least now you're re-instated and now you can just be INACTive and get to hang out with mum and dad! I thought about doing that, but I'm just a really bad fake -- I can't do it -- but I wish I could have. If I could have, I wouldn't have had my inheritance stolen from me . . . horrible story, but I'm sure it's not a new one.

Hang in there, you smart lady, and know you are NOT alone -- alot of us have been (or still are) there, too!

• pippy
    pippy
    Welcome! You didn't say anything about your monkey, what up?

thanks ..wasanelder once , for the pippy longstockings pic,,shes my hero, i want a monkey tooooo.

yeah, thanks for all the posts and support,, i have alot to still deal with ,, it will all come out slowly.. but i have felt better in myself since the minute i walked out of that assembly. I knew i had to go back to investgate things,i have overcome my fear of armogedon and now firmly believe they cant hurt me anymore,, emotionally i feel like i have finnally blossomed into my womanhood , become independant , and confident in the way i live my life,, things that were stolen from me before i ever knew i had them. growing up as a witness gave me a real identity crisis, that led me to drugs and secretly tearing myself to shreds on the inside..meanw\hile ,mum and dad running around in ladidah land ,pretending everything is perfect. they never shunned me,, but would never admit to anyone that i came over,,even though i saw or rang them nearly everyday of my life. my dad said to me the other day,, i love you,no matter what you do with your life, and i know he does,, mum gets embarressed by all her children though,i think she would rather put on a front then deal with reality.

im in a position now,where i want to say to my parents i just dont think its for me,, so leave me alone , but i would rather not be df'd again.i dont really care if thats what they want to do though, im the type to go up to them and say HI, just to watch them run in horror,,, big meanie i am!!

anyway,after reinstatement, the elders never contacted me againeither so maybe they just dont want to open up the can of worms.

anyway, last week when i went to my parents congo i just found it interesting to hear crap spilling from their mouths and wish there was some way i could prove to my parents they shouldnt be hurting over it all,,even though i know they love their comfort zone.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi pippy, and welcome to the forum

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm rather excited about the 'mole' idea. It's interesting to get the inside information.

Welcome...Enjoy!!!!

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit