An elder told me that I can give blood here, but not there...

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I don't know if this "don't use my blood sticker" at the very end, would work each time. Surely they write this down in the computer and they would notifiy me next time that if I keep on using that sticker that they won't waist their time with me anymore.

Oh, but I forgot, I will use the right sticker and tell the elder that I used the other one....

• Warlock
    Warlock
    But what I'm getting to is, why can I take out blood at the hospital and no matter what they do with that blood isn't my responsibility anymore says the elder, but I can't give blood at a blood bank that will be used for a patient.

Why don't you tell the blood bank what the problem is, and tell them they can have your blood, but they can't use it (wink, wink). Also tell them there would be no way for you to know if they did (wink,wink).

Warlock

• Scully
    Scully

Oh, but I forgot, I will use the right sticker and tell the elder that I used the other one....

That's right JH. That's good ol' fashioned Theocratic War Strategy™:

it-2p.244 Lie***

Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

it-2p.245Lie***

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it.

Just keep telling yourself that the Elders are not entitled to confidential medical information about you. They don't have your best interests at heart - and the information you give them is not injurious to them nor is it malicious. You're following counsel from the WTS, that's all.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

There is an elder in our congregation with the same condition. He won't go to a blood bank to have his blood tapped. Gets it done at the doctor's where he can be sure the blood is discarded.

What a waste. Think of all the lives this guy could be saving....

GGG

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

If you are really worried about it....you could try.........>

lisa

• JH
    JH

I could also have 10,000 mosquitoes as pets...

• skyking
    skyking

Just do it keep your mouth shut. The Elders have been given a letter from the Society that tells them they can not investigate any brother or sister for the misuse of blood. So this really means a don't and we want investigate.

They have been told even if a sister or a brother saw you having a transfusion they can not do anything about it unless out over your mouth of tell someone that mean they can not ask you about it even if they are told by an eye witness.

So do what you fell is correct.

I have a letter I call my blood letter that uses only the bible that completely will remove any doubt in your mind over blood I have had 3 CO's and 8 Elders go over the information with me and everyone has said I am correct. One Elder quit the BORg because of the letter, one stepped down, and another put his head between his legs and cried. If anyone wants a copy PM me and I will send you the information.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

But what I'm getting to is, why can I take out blood at the hospital and no matter what they do with that blood isn't my responsibility anymore says the elder, but I can't give blood at a blood bank that will be used for a patient.

Because you complicated your life by bringing an idiot into it, an elder.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    A lot of blood clinics at least here have you fill out a screening form where you can declare any risk factors such as risky sexual activity, drug use, etc. Most of them also have a box you can check that says use my donation or don't use my donation. If an elder confronts you just tell him you told them not to use it so it's the same as if you went to a hospital :D I believe this policy was instated so that people would not have to explain why they were not donating blood if it was for personal medical reasons (such as at an office blood drive), but it would also not put the blood supply at risk.

Why would someone bother to go to a blood clinic to donate blood, and then say that the donation isn't to be used? Weird. Unless of course they're in a fundamentalist religion and have haemochromatosis.

• barry
    barry

JH just tell them to divide youre blood into fractions that are permissable under WT rules after that it isnt your responsible anymore. I dont see how the elders could argue with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit