An elder told me that I can give blood here, but not there...

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I haven't been able to figure out how they reconcile taking blood factions but still not donating the same. That seems pretty selfish and one-sided to me.

-Aude.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I sent you a PM, Skyking.

• sspo
    sspo

Just go to a hospital and get your blood out, have them put it in a bottle and make sure at your next meeting, you give it to the elder as proof it will not be transfused.

Even better than that the secretary can put it in a special file or cabinet just in case someone questions you in the future.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi JH:

I would think that this would be one unique case where you could pursue and win a 'libel, slander', and defamation' civil lawsuit against them should they disfellowship you for trying to take care of your health.

You could probably invoke the scripture they use so often- Rom 12:1: 'Consequently I entreat you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, a sacred service with your power of reason'.

You are trying to stay healthy to serve your God and community and their disfellowshiping you from the org because if this would be wrong.

Blondie, anyone, please respond.

Ronin1

• moshe
    moshe

Thses elders need to stop trying to be the conscience for everyone- of course , if the brothers stopped asking them these questions, then they wouldn't get an opportunity to control peoples lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit