Shunning mom is floored by UN scandal..first she's heard of it.

by restrangled 24 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Due to my husbands interactions with my mom with questions about the history of the WBTS, I received a phone call from her. (Keep in mind she is 72 years a witness)

I brought up the UN thing and she said, thats from apostates. I told her no, straight from the UN website.

She blew a gasket. I said I would send over their letter direct from that website and my husband is over delivering it now.

She told me, I want to see it with my own eyes and then, I am writing Brooklyn. I told her their official response about the library card. I then brought up the YMCA question from the readers from the 1979 watchtower, she thought a minute and said "Thank you"!

She also admitted that she almost quit in 1975, but quoted, "Where would I go?"

So anyway, I don't think she'll ever leave, but it may open her eyes some to the "Organization" and the WE versus YOU mentality and rules.

I'll let you know what transpires.

r.

• zev
    zev

there is always hope....

• mouthy
    mouthy

God I hope she sees with the eyes of understanding ....Keep us posted

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Let's hope she has her eyes at least partially opened by this. Keep us posted.

• grey matters
    grey matters

Whoa. Yeah, I'd like to hear what happens next.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Isn't it amazing how few JW's STILL haven't heard of this????? One at a time, one at a time....I just hope your Mom sees it for the truth that it is.

Swalker

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Your mom may never leave due to her age and the fact that all of her lifelong friends are at the KH. But, she may decide to quit playing by all of their rules and stop shunning you. It may cause her to open her eyes and see that they can't dictate whom she can associate with. I feel that a good majority of witnesses are only in it for social reasons. That's pretty much why I stayed in for so long.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I received a phone call from her today defneding the UN foolishness. It was usefull for defending the Jw's in a foriegn country just like Paul. He was arrested and they called upon Ceaser......ie same thing.

The UN is not tied into or supporting religion so this absolutely ok, ,,,,the YMCA supports a religion so of course thiis is very different. The witnesses have never supported anything supported by false religion.

This my friends was my phone call today. I am unbelievably, angry, sad, and sorry I spent any time trying to be logical with this person.

I am depressed and tired beyond belief. Thanks for listening, I just want to fade away and never hear of any of their crap again.

R.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Leaving the JWs is usually a process involving many periods of "recovering" from doubt. You've planted a seed. She probably has other similar events (you mentioned 1975) from her past that she's repressing. Keep showing her love and give her more time for these seeds to grow.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

So sorry restrangled. I was outraged when I heard about the UN scandal, to me it was a BIG deal but my family members that I shared it with pretty much ignored the evidence and still defends the organization to this day. cabasilas is right, leaving the JW's is a process. It took me years to finally see the light after the seed of doubt was planted in me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit