Just wanted to post this "reminder" for newer jws

by A Paduan 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order?

Do you believe it ?

• parakeet
    parakeet

I was in high school when that Awake was published. JW apologists may not be old enough to remember this kind of thinking, but I certainly do. Because of this article and others like it, I didn't go to college right after high school, in spite of my high school counsellor's urgings -- college just wasn't "done" in JW land. The WTS denies ever making a big deal about 1975, but they did, oh yes they did.

• magoo
    magoo

...............................................................in 1969 i was 18,young. in 2006 i'm 55,old....................they lied!

magoo

• zeroday
    zeroday

*** Watchtower November 1 1938 p. 324 ***

There is no reasonable or scriptural injunction to bring children into the world before Armageddon, where we are now.

*** Children (book) 1941 p. 366-367 ***

Armageddon is surely near, and during that time the Lord will clean off the earth all that is disagreeable. Then, by His grace we shall begin our life with a greater vision, and prolonged joy…From now on we shall have our heart devotion fixed on the THEOCRACY knowing that soon we shall journey forever together on the earth…We can well defer our marriage until lasting peace comes to the earth. Now we must add nothing to our burdens, but be free and equipped to serve the Lord…Eunice, my decision

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

And it's STILL before Armageddon,...even now.

• skyking
    skyking

Great reminder

• happehanna
    happehanna

It makes me laugh, If I sent that quote to family members than they would view me as Apostate. Using their own magazine!!

It isn't funny but sad really.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    It makes me laugh, If I sent that quote to family members than they would view me as Apostate. Using their own magazine!!

Yes, it's rather Orwelian isn't it? What's that old JW cliche about "not running ahead" of Jehovah's organization? Well, what about when Jehovah's organization runs ahead of Jehovah? What do they say about that? They just bury those publications away in the "making an ass of ourselves" archive and call it old light. The "light" in Brooklyn changes more often than a Las Vegas marquee.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Not only do they bury it away Arthur they actually change the wording (on their CD rom ) and somehow blame apostates for bringing it their attention

it would be hilarious if so many were not harmed by it.

New Light ! sometimes it's on, then off, then on again.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

New Light ! sometimes it's on, then off, then on again.

lol

The jws always seem able to come up with a new story when time runs out on the old one. My boyfriend put that quote from the asleep on his site. He was 18 when it was written though he wasn't a jw then, and now he's 55, a few years off retirement, and the "system" is still with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit