Tomfoolery! (Fluffy Stuff, Fluffer Nutters)

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

OK so I just remembered something this morning that made me laugh really hard and it happened about 12 years ago:

My family were in the field service one Saturday morning.

My little brother did nothing if not piss my dad off as much as possible, not sure if it was on purpose or just a personality clash, but anyway.

I'm pretty sure Little Bro would not get out at a door and was also possibly doing something mischevious, i.e. drawing funny yet inappropriate comics to entertain himself and his sisters.

So my dad demands that my bro get out. Bro says no. Not one to mince his words and all. I mean, he was probably about 10 or 11 years old. Just starting to be a big smartass.

Dad repeats himself: "Get out, this is your door."

Brother: "No."

Dad: "Now."

Brother: "ummm... no."

Dad: "I'm not joking."

Brother: "(pauses and stares at Dad for a second) Me neither."

Dad (now he's mad): "This is because of all the trash you watch on TV! I don't know what your problem is! (He's screaming by now - I mean we are in someone's driveway!!) #$%E$&$%$##$%#@&%$###@@@##@#$#%&&%$#$%%#$@%#@#! (those are the expletives - my sisters and I are stifling our giggles because we don't want to be the next target of Dad's temper),

Now comes the HILARIOUS part.

Dad: "THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE STEN AND RIMPY TRASH YOU ARE WATCHING ON TV ALL THE TIME!!!!!"

OK now we couldn't contain ourselves (in case any of you don't remember, the MTV cartoon was called "Ren and Stimpy". It may also have been funny because my dad stuttered that last bit out and his face was bright red - I mean the show was kinda trashy but really, you're THAT mad about it!??!).

We all, including Mom, just busted out laughing.

I don't think my brother had to get out after all.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know what possessed me to remember this, but oh I had tears in my eyes laughing so hard, just from the memory.

Soooo, anyone else have some funny family moments, whether it's JW-related or not??????

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Sorry... No funny stories here... Just wanted to let ya know, I thought your story was pretty funny...

... And I know ya needed/wanted some Love/Trouble (hee hee)...

... and I didn't want ya thread to die... LOL

, OMFG OFG, (Mike)

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I would got my ass kick if I did that! Bros got some balls....haha

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Guys, for saving my thread. You know how to make a girl feel good.

I just mostly thought this story was HILARIOUS and wanted to share it. It's definitely possible that I'm the only one who finds it funny and/or it's a "you had to be there" moment.

Yeah, Kerj, my brother's pretty brave. He did get his ass kicked A LOT growing up. But he's always good for a laugh!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Funny story

My sis and I were at the outback one night. We always went at least an hour early to have our 2 for 1 martini's. So by the time we got to the table, we were working on our fith martini, and she was completely lit. The waitress comes to the table, to take our order. My sis goes " I'll have the lake and stopster!" (steak and lobster) We laughed so hard I swore I was going to pee my pants. Another story that you probably had to be there for!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

THANKS BUTT! That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I was thinking of ... just incredibly funny stupid moments that make you laugh. Heh. THANKS for making me laugh.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

GGBG,

Funny story....I'll have to call my kids and ask them if I was ever like your dad.

The funiest thing that happened while I was still going out "in service" was when we were picking up an over-righteous sister at her house. The porch had a coating of black ice....she slipped and her dress went up over her head. My kids always called her Sister Bloomers after that.

• anewme
    anewme

Great story Good Girl! Very funny! You sure have come a long way since your first posting. Im glad you are laughing now at so much stuff. That is healthy. Hang in there, Anewme

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Trying to think back how this went...

18ish year old, unmarried brother and I (my wife and I had gotten married way before this) were taking doors early one holiday morning and this young brother took this one door. He was raised a jw. I definetly wasn't . The doorstep was narrow so he was infront of me fully in the way of what was to come. Anyway, this really hot young woman comes to the door. She was maaaaaad. She threw the front door open all the way, which really surprised me considering what she was wearing. I don't know if that poor, young brother had ever seen a shapely woman in a teddy before (stil remember it, red with black trim), but from his reaction I don't think so. While he tried to stammer out the typical wt bs for a few seconds (explaining why we were there, blah, blah, blah), I'm watching the back of his head as he is slowly looking her from head to toe and back again. And she starts in on how we (the jw's) are always waking people up on F*****G holidays (she's yelling by this point). I nudge him to try to get him back to this planet and say over his shoulder how sorry we are to have disturbered her. She slams the door....he justs stand there....and stands there. I finally had to turn him around and kind of lead him back down the walkway. I don't think I have ever seen a guy that shade of red in the face.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Great story Good Girl! Very funny! You sure have come a long way since your first posting. Im glad you are laughing now at so much stuff. That is healthy. Hang in there, Anewme

THANKS, Anewme!!! YOU ARE SO SWEET. That just made my night. You hang in there too! Laughter is the best medicine. ~Good Girl or Bad Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit