WTBTS Raking it In!

by solo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• solo
    solo

Just flicking thru the WT Nov 2006 and found a 2 page spread on how to give your money to them, this is quite something - just in case you were not quite sure how you could add to their funds:

Ways in which some choose to give

Contributions to the worldwide work(many set aside a budget)

Conditional-Donation trust arrangement

Charitable planningInsurance (WT named as beneficiary of life insurance policy/retirement/pension plan)
    Stocks and bonds
    Real Estate

Gift Annuitty

Wills and Trustsproperty or money bequeated to WT

Well they're certainly not shy in asking for it!

• blondie
    blondie

There was another thread just a few days ago about this article. They have had such an article in the November/December WT for more than 30 years. It is merely the possibilties of donating not the actualities.

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, I saw it the other day at my parents'........Utterly nauseating.

• solo
    solo

I obviously don't read the WT enough! It's been nearly 20 years. I know it's not expected I'm just shocked at the bare faced cheek!

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I was on the thread the other day looking for a scanned copy of the new watchtower. Can anybody here post it please?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They certainly aren't shy about asking for money, or reminding dubs of their obligation to give them plenty. They've certainly had their last penny of my money.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They need more funds to spread the confusion around.

• Woofer
    Woofer

We grew up very poor (daddy couldn't obtain a college degree now could he??) and after taking care of his mother for several years she left her house to the society! I was upset for my dad. He was an only child and he certainly could have used the money from the sale of the house!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Many know here of my situation and I'm not going to repeat it again. The things I have not told is how I have extended relatives who were never married, served at Bethel for a few years got out, and lived as frugal as they could producing for the WBTs.

They are now in their 80's, have amassed nice sums of money by investing and its all willed to the society. Token sums are being left to one Niece and my mom, and any left to my mom will in turn be left to the Society again.

I think that this older generation I speak of are the last with any real substantial funds. There are very few people my age that have extensive savings and investments for other than their own retirement and childrens college expenses, if even that.

In a few years, the influx of money from the R and F is going to be substantially reduced........they are getting while the gettin's good!

r.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Restrangled: Not too long ago I had a conversation about this subject with a nice, deluded older lady who said she was leaving them her money because they were her "family". I said "that's nice" but I am not. This woman has been hurt many times by people there but she still clings to this saintly image of it all. I agree with you that this older generation will probably be the last with big contributions. The younger generation is too busy saving for retirement and trying to put food on their table.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit