Did You Ever "Report" Someone (Or Yourself) To The Elders???

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Myself.

Never anyone else. Never would do that. Though I could have.

But I was a sucker when it came to me: thought I would go to the elders and get healed so as to ease my guilty conscience.

Damn......whoops. No wonder you and I get along. I did the same thing. Turning myself in never eased my conscience, though.

Warlock

Yup, Warlock, you are right; it never does ease your conscience. What it did for me though is make me feel emotionally/mentally/physically drained and also remind me that I am an evil, terrible person. Until I woke up and realized that they are not my authority and if they say they aren't doing those same things I was doing they are big liars.

Oh yeah and also it made me realize what a sucker I am because I definitely was in the minority - I found out what all my friends were doing and how none of them turned themselves in! What a sap I was.

Oh well, I'm over it by now.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I know the feeling cos i had all this 10yrs ago now and i still haven't got over it, or the shame of the whole congregration knowing yet i know someone else who did exactly the same (and i'd never tell personally) and nobody knows to this day.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sadly yes - for smoking

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Oh yeah and also it made me realize what a sucker I am because I definitely was in the minority - I found out what all my friends were doing and how none of them turned themselves in! What a sap I was

Actually, it really proves YOU are a good person, not a sucker or a sap. THEY are the suckers and the saps.

Warlock

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    When I was younger, it was "normal" to keep your eyes open and "help keep Jehovah's Organization clean".

They still have this mentality, Min. It's AWESOME to be spied on your whole life. Wish they were still doing it... wait they are.... I hear things all the time about what I'm apparently doing. "WHAT!? I'm a prostitute now and I'm covered in tattoos and I have a mohawk and tons of piercings!? MAN, no one told me!" I should at least get the enjoyment of some of this stuff if I'm already gonna be pegged with it.

• seawolf
    seawolf

yeah I turned myself in, too. They started wanting more detail on what I was doing with, ehm, her, but I wouldn't tell them. I wasn't baptized though so it didn't result in a big thing, plus I can wiggle my way out of anything better than just about anyone. *puppy dog eyes* It's often been said I could sell a polar beer a freezer, plus the extended warranty.

• luna2
    luna2

Yup. I turned my son in. Of course there was a group of kids involved so ALL the parents kind of had to call the elders. I thought he and the other kids would get "straightened out" and everything would be turn out for the best. What a crock. He refused to snitch on the other kids...just sat there with a stone face. So he got labeled as unrepentant. Since he wasn't baptized all they could do was blackball him and not allow him to comment at the meetings. Dumbest punishment ever if you want to encourage someone to become a dub. It wrecked his reputation at the KH and nobody was allowed to associate with him. Gee, I'd sure want to join a religion that treated me like that.

I really hate myself for inflicting this bogus religion on my kids while they were growing up.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Oh yeah and also it made me realize what a sucker I am because I definitely was in the minority - I found out what all my friends were doing and how none of them turned themselves in! What a sap I was

Actually, it really proves YOU are a good person, not a sucker or a sap. THEY are the suckers and the saps.

Warlock

(((((((((((((((((((Warlock))))))))))))))))))) Thanks, Daddy-O, ditto and likewise and what-not.

• mouthy
    mouthy

WeLL of course I did .I was a REAL Jehovahs Witness... I had a friend Rosilie not baptised... & Harold Boer ( both since deceased) told me they were living together.well I approached him said he had to report it, He didnt.so I took three other brothers with me to reason with him, still he didnt, So I took it to the Congregation. He was D/F.....Unfortunalty he also smoked.... After he D/f/ Rosilie & I were still friends they used to come for supper. But I could not eat with himSo He & my husband would eat in the living room... me & Rosilie would eat in the Kitchen After awhile she got baptised he was reinstated...Stopped smoking.THANKED ME for reporting him Got cancer of the throat... but died in good standing. She also died as a GOOD JW would have NOTHING to do with me a wicked apostate.( did not believe Jesus came in 1914 invisably) So you can imagine how I feel.... Not only did I make 10 people JWS Their kids all became JW the grand kids became JW now some GREAT grand kids are JWS I even made Harold ( who had escaped bondage) get into the trap again.... I really am ashamed of ME!!!!!

Oh I wish I hadnt been born!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never turned anyone in, but I didn't really see anyone doing anything serious. There were one or two things that the elders would have probably liked to have been told, but I didn't bother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit