JW's not supposed to "tell" others about their new set dates for the "end"

by Brymichmom 30 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

thanks blondie!!!!!!!!!!!!

• VM44
    VM44

Based upon blondie's posting from the 2003 yearbook, I would say that someone who doesn't read the Watchtower's literature very closely is making things up and is playing upon the JW's tendency to speculate as to when the Great Tribulation will start.

--VM44

• greendawn
    greendawn

They sound like fringe lunatics with an axe to grind given the way they relish the destruction of billions of humans just because they ignore an obviously fake organisation of God.

• under_believer
    under_believer

All bogus, unless there's some weird JW offshoot splinter group. I have been a regular meeting attender for the entire duration and there are no new dates. Believe me you'd have heard about it here on JWD long ago were that the case.

• becca1
    becca1

I have relatives in NYC and I know for a fact that some wittnesses did die. They personally knew at least one of them. Following 9/11, the talks I heard were encouraging in the sense that they stressed that anyone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dying in something such as 9/11 is not a reflection on loosing Jah's favor, and surviving the attacks does not indicate special treatment (angelic protection). "Time and unforseen occurances befall us all".

What you heard was the product of immature, stupid people talking about things they know nothing about.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Prophecying erronious dates is what the Watertower Society does best. Thats how they get new recruits. A new generation of suckers. They are a 1 trick pony.

• undercover
    undercover

It's already been shown that several JWs did die on 9/11. I happened to be acquainted with one of them myself. He was a friend of a friend and I had met him a couple of times. We found out a couple of weeks after 9/11 that he had died.

My youngest who is still in the borg told me when 9/11 happened that there were several talks about how Jehovah is "beginning" the destruction, and that it will happen in phases.

This part is a little more believable. I was still attending the occasional meeting and most assemblies then and I remember how all the JWs got excited that this might just be it. There was a talk at a one day assembly that tried to point out that extremist Muslim terrorists could be the new king of the north/south(can't remember which). Absurd, but the dubs lapped it up. I also got a sheparding visit the Saturday after the attacks. The two elders were really concerned that I had picked this time to become "weak" in the faith, because as was apparent when the towers were attacked, the end was beginning now and "who knows what the next few weeks will bring...".

A lot of JWs thought that Armageddon was at hand. Many went door to door with the message of basically saying , "We told you so!". The WTS eventually had to have a letter read at the congregations counseling everyone to tone it down. It's ironic that they created this monster to go out to preach to people that God would bring this kind of destruction on people and then when destruction happened they had to reign that monster in to keep them from giving the publishing company a bad name during a time of national unity and patriotism.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Gill: ***How pathetic that they would chose to blame their God for the horrific events such as 9/11, the Tsunami, Katrina etc.***

The JWs didn't "blame" their god; they CREDITED their god. The JW conception of jihad makes the Islamic extremist version look like a Sunday picnic.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There are no new dates it is true - but I have heard at least one CO and one PO say that the DC we just went to may well be our last and that is why the KM news distribution is so important.

• under_believer
    under_believer

But let's face it, stillajwexelder, they say that about every district convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit