JW's not supposed to "tell" others about their new set dates for the "end"

by Brymichmom 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When I learned that many who died were rest. workers at the 'windows to the world' I figured there were a few JWs. When I lived in NJ, many of the immigrant/and illegal immigrant families were in the business to one degree or another and commuted from Jersey. There were also some very successful brothers in the local cong. who had wall street jobs, and other jobs in the financial district. It is sad that any were lost on that day. I don't care who they were-it was a tragic loss for all.

It is true, they couldn't keep any dates to themselves. Heck, they can't even keep a redundant brochure or 'big' announcement to themselves. Quickest way to spread a rumor is to whisper it in a KH.

• delilah
    delilah

She also told me that Jehovah picked the Twin Towers especially because they are a source of the worship of money and how now one horn has gone into Babylon the Great's side.

Yeah.....when I got to this part.....I KNEW this was shite.....this information sounds REALLY insane. If this did come from a platform in a KH, they really have gone off the deep end.

It sounds to me as if this is just one person's ramblings....

• Mary
    Mary
    Jehovah picked the Twin Towers especially because they are a source of the worship of money and how now one horn has gone into Babylon the Great's side.

Jehovah picked it? Funny, I thought it was fanatically Islamic terrorists working for Osama Bin Laden who "picked the Twin Towers".

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    There are no new dates it is true - but I have heard at least one CO and one PO say that the DC we just went to may well be our last and that is why the KM news distribution is so important.

That's how its always been. Every meeting, every assembly they have, every talk they always say how close we are at the last days and how it could happen at any moment. No surprise there, its always been like that. But when you mention that to them, that they've been announcing the same thing for so long that it really doesn't make sense. Usually they come back and say 'well, nobody knows the date, and to Jehovah a day is like a million years so what to us might look far to Jehovah is not that far off'. That was the response I got when I brought up this issue of them always announcing the end being so close. With that type of thinking there's not much reasoning one can do with them about it.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Jws were definately killed in the twin towers i remember an awake article on them a few months after it happened. I really don't understand why they will keep trying to say the end is at any moment cos they're always saying only Jehovah knows and no one else so why keep on guessing when it will be?

• blondie
    blondie

This is one of those "both sides of their mouths" topics.

One the one hand:

*** w99 7/15 p. 18 Anchored by Hope, Impelled by Love ***

Some who have stopped associating with the Christian congregation still believe that it practices the true religion. However, they evidently lack the patience and endurance required to wait for the new world that Jehovah God has promised. Life in Paradise has not come soon enough for them.

A few dedicated Christians in some parts of the world appear to have reefed the sails of their ship of faith. The ship is still afloat, but instead of forging ahead in full faith, they have adopted a cruising speed.Drawn by the hope of "Paradise soon," some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Now thinking that the realization of their hopes is farther off than they anticipated, they have lowered the price they are willing to pay. This is evident in reduced preaching activity, irregularity at meetings, and willingness to miss parts of assembly or convention programs. Others are devoting more time to recreation and to obtaining material comforts. These facts lead us to consider what should be the driving force in our lives in line with our dedication to Jehovah. Should our zeal in his service be dependent on the hope of "Paradise soon"?

*** w95 3/1 p. 17 par. 14 Living Up to Our Dedication "Day After Day" ***

Paul here was talking about the time when the Israelites complained against God to Moses when they "began tiring out because of the way." (Numbers 21:4) Do you ever make that mistake? When you dedicated yourself to Jehovah, did you think Armageddon was just around the corner? Has Jehovah’s patience been longer than you expected? Remember, we did not dedicate ourselves to Jehovah just for a certain period of time or merely until Armageddon.

or Very Soon Now, On the Threshold, Just Around the Corner:

*** w05 1/15 p. 27 Highlights From the Book of Judges ***

Very soon now, God’s Kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus will destroy the wicked world and provide a great deliverance for the upright and the blameless.

*** w04 10/15 p. 17 par. 12 "Go About in the Land" ***

Having traveled from Egypt to Mount Sinai and then 170 miles [270 km] to Kadesh, they were as if on the doorstep of the Promised Land. In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise.

*** w00 9/1 p. 28 Jehovah Always Rewards His Loyal Ones ***

As we arrived for the meeting one Sunday in 1938, two elderly sisters greeted us, and one said: "Young Brother, have you taken your stand for Jehovah yet? You know, Armageddon is just around the corner!"

Blondie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

What worries me is that all this engenders a culture of JWs actually relishing and sort of 'enjoying' disasters like 9/11 and the tsunami. If they can impute Jehovahs hand in it then they can actually revel in the destruction and deaths caused.

Its sick and morbid, and even more worrying, I remember reasoning like that myself when I was in.

• blondie
    blondie

katiekitten, those in the WTS have been relishing disasters even before 1914 as Bible Students looked forward to the disintegration of human culture...1914 seemed to fulfill those hopes...but they forwarded the date to 1915, then 1920, then 1925....

Each new generation of JWs forgets the failed hopes of the previous...and the older generation is getting tired of waiting and are fearfully facing death of old age in a time they were told that they were of a generation that would never die. I have relatives in their 80's that are desperately hoping for the end to come soon before their own death overtakes them. Wishing for billions to die so they need never die (what happened to their hope in the resurrection?)

Blondie

• zagor
    zagor

To be frank, I'd much rather be destroyed than to live in some antiseptic world filled with Jehovah's Witlesses.

LMAO

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

They were told in three or four talks that NO Jehovah's Witnesses were killed in any of the 9/11 attacks, but that Jehovah preserved them (I'd love to know if that's true).
    I personally knew a sister in our congregation at the time that worked in world trade center who died. That is a complete lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit