JW's not supposed to "tell" others about their new set dates for the "end"

by Brymichmom 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

This was posted on an email group that I belong to. Since the author doesn't belong to this one, I asked if I could copy and paste the post here, and this poster said "yes". So here we go, with permission:

My youngest who is still in the borg told me when 9/11 happened that there were several talks about how Jehovah is "beginning" the destruction, and that it will happen in phases. They were told in three or four talks that NO Jehovah's Witnesses were killed in any of the 9/11 attacks, but that Jehovah preserved them (I'd love to know if that's true). She also told me that Jehovah picked the Twin Towers especially because they are a source of the worship of money and how now one horn has gone into Babylon the Great's side. She also said that in the talk the brothers warned that because of these things such as Katrina, 9/11 and the tsnumai (I can't spell dat) it shows that Jehovah is making ready for the final strike against earth. Sooooooooooooo, I asked her, have they said any dates? Her reply, "Yes, but we are not supposed to tell anyone". So, I suppose it'll be surprise. To be frank, I'd much rather be destroyed than to live in some antiseptic world filled with Jehovah's Witlesses.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I'm quite certain that several JWs were killed in the 9/11 attacks, although I am aware that there were stories floating around (and some talks given) claiming otherwise.

As for the dates, I haven't heard anything, and I have a lot of relatives still in who would love to motivate us to come back. I'd be pretty surprised if they've repeated that mistake again.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In my hall we were told there were a number of JWs that died in the twin towers on 9/11. They told us how many, but I forget.

W

• Zico
    Zico

2 Jehovah's Witnesses died in the Twin Towers attack.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

ey were told in three or four talks that NO Jehovah's Witnesses were killed in any of the 9/11 attacks, but that Jehovah preserved them (I'd love to know if that's true).

CRAP! I was there and witness the events from bethel.

It was announced from the head of the bethel table that 10 or so WITNESSES HAD DIED DURING THE ATTACKS.

• blondie
    blondie

yb03p.9HighlightsofthePastYear***

. By Friday morning, September 14, the branch had learned that 14 of our brothers and sisters were either dead or missing. That figure never changed in the days to come.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It was also rumored that some very unfeeling person in Bethel made the remark that the JWs killed in the trade center should have been out preaching instead. In effect, blaming the victim.

LHG

• Gill
    Gill

How pathetic that they would chose to blame their God for the horrific events such as 9/11, the Tsunami, Katrina etc.

It shows they are just a hairs breadth from being capable of the same sort of offences as other extremist cults. They would like to be able to take the 'supposed glory in their eyes' of such events and say, 'I told you our God was bigger than your God!' Totally pathetic!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What utter bs!

We heard that several jws had been killed in the attack on the twin towers as well.

• Zico
    Zico

14? Oh. That's a lot more than I thought...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit