How many people were happy to see you knock at their door in the FS?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

A very small handful of people. To echo a couple other posters here, they were all lonely elderly people.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

mama1119 stole my answer, I was relieved if no one answered the door. The only people that were happy to see me were the few return visits I had--but they were not interested in becoming JWs, they just looked at the magazines.

My favorite RV I had was a lady who was Middle Eastern--can't remember what country she was from but I adored her. She always served this wonderful tea from some kind of leaves, and it was naturally sweet. She was such a very sweet person, I remember her telling me to visit her sometimes without the religion :-)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't think of any that were pleased to see me, though some were ok about it. The only ones that were ever expecting me were magazine routes, I guess none of the others sat there thinking "I hope jws call today", so they were understandably displeased to see us.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I get more hits on this board,than I ever did door to door...OUTLAW

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Not too many... I guess it depends on the general demeanor of the people in the area you live in as well as how the person's mental state is at the moment. In general I find that most people dont even want to bother with JWs, they are at best an annoyance to be excused away. In my area you do get the occasional "I dont want that shit" or "Get the f**k out of my yard" but usually we get the annoyed look and "I'm not really interested" as if shooing away a fly.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They were about as happy as I am when someone comes to my door to tell me that what I believe is wrong and they are going to set me straight.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce
    No one, they were saying : DEHORS les jehovah ! Good for them lol.

Yes that one has often been said to me... Most people hated us, we seem always to wake them up

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

EVERYBODY was pleased to see me!

OK I just lied.

Sometimes people were happy to see me, because I'm a happy friendly sort, but then once they figured out why I was there...well that's another story.

Like others said lonely people were happy to see me.

One thing I thought was strange is the amount of people who were scared to see me. People would say: "my pastor told me not to talk to you" as they are shutting the door with this frightened look on their faces.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

None that I can recall at the moment...but plenty who were overjoyed to see me go!!!

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit