Did your JW social life only consist of meals at a friends home?

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I got sick of inviting others to my home, and going to a lot of trouble, but when there were gatherings, I never heard about them until after.

Then the gossip network must have kicked in cause I would invite people, and half an hour before the start time one by one people would phone and say they couldn't come. What a waste of food. If I'd sent the money to Christian Aid instead they would have said how evil I was.

The last time I did anything to organize socially, I got a group together to meet, and I went along, but nobody showed up.

The last straw was when I was phoned by an elderette asking for a few arrangements of kingdumb thongs for a music party. I wrote them, and sent them, and about three weeks later got a phone call saying how much they enjoyed my arrangements at the party.

(Please bake one of your seven layered devils food cakes for my party next week. Don't bother to come, but we enjoyed eating it)

Why are they so selfish?? Because they believe they are the only ones who get to eat the biggest FREE LUNCH of all time. Everybody else gets to watch and salivate, or are the hors d'oeuvres for the birds.

HB

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was one of the major reasons as to why I left they were an impenetrable society and there were no social life prospects and in addition there was no cultural or intellectual life, IOW there was nothing.

• seawolf
    seawolf

JW social life?? Now there's a contradiction in terms! So many times something fun would start and then the Circuit Overseer would come and shut it all down, especially with the young people. For example, some were getting together and going to the drag strip and he shot that down real quick. We used to have skating parties till the congregation bitch just couldn't STFU and had to bitch and moan because several came dressed as clowns so that was the end of that. OMG CLOWNS ARE FROM TEH DEVIL Can't have all the young people having fun now can we? Nope! No siree! Have to make sure they're all bored to death and don't know what they're missing out in the real world so that they can just sit there at the hall and have the daily triple pounder double sleezeburger non-happy meal hand-fed to them from the stage!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The last straw was when I was phoned by an elderette asking for a few arrangements of kingdumb thongs for a music party. I wrote them, and sent them, and about three weeks later got a phone call saying how much they enjoyed my arrangements at the party.

You reminded me of a MS who phoned me when he was in a tight spot. He was having a get together but had no beer, and the beer stores were closed. He was wondering if I might have a case of beer he could have. He wasn't inviting me, he just wanted my beer. He even wanted me to deliver it.

Oh yeah, he didn't even have money to pay for it.

I just hung up on him.

W

• chiddy
    chiddy

Lots of examples to list and this was when I was younger, BARN DANCES began to be a problem brothers ! i ask you ! will have to be watched to much enjoyment ,(you could not make it up)

• moshe
    moshe

That's just about it- meals, a picnic, maybe. I wish I had skipped those 16 years ,too.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are 2 classes of JWs, the ultra righteous boring ones, and the ones that do most things that worldly people do.

When I was at Bethel there were many of us, including elders, that would regularly go out to JW dance parties or jazz clubs etc. It always struck me as odd that the Bethelites had no problems going to a night club if the music was live, but would not go to a night club if there was a DJ because then it became worldly. I spent many nights at The Marble Bar and The Basement in Sydney with Bethelites. These are two of the sleaziest pick up joints in Sydney, but apparently they were ok for JWs because the music was live Jazz and not worldly dance music???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit