What's the deal here?

by Jerohobobonadad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I keep coming back because I have this strange and overwhelming need for repitition ;)

And I figure that if I spent so many years learning this crap then I will have to spend at least the same amount of time un-learning it.

• vitty
    vitty

ah ha.........................you have discovered that it is a very addictive site. I have been here for over 2 years and I do spend too many hours here. I pop on and off all day.

The posters go with the flow, sometimes I post a lot, sometimes I dont.

This place keeps me sane, my daughter is still in the bOrg if she was out then maybe i could let go of this place a little bit more.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I am involved in another but unrelated forum. There I am considered a heavy poster. People sometimes learn by just reading and following the posts. Some feel that there is little to contribute, which is a shame. I have seen posts with just a smiley on, and that is cool.

I have given up trying to read all the threads. The important ones I go into with some determination and I am learning a LOT! Yes, I have been inside for so long, it's like seeing the sky for the first time. The sun is too bright, and it is going to take time to get used to all this new freedom. And un-learn the guilt laced cr@p that has been jammed into my skull.

Thus, I may be here for some time.

ps. And NEO is ok. We are having drinks and a braai ( Bar-b-que) this weekend.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Thanks for the replys -

I am involved in another but unrelated forum. There I am considered a heavy poster.

No "heavy posting" please, this is a clean site. They'll be no "bombing" or "urinating in the pool" either.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I came here just less than a year ago looking for help, and received far more than I expected. I stay here partly because I've made some friends on this board who I love to keep in touch with, but mainly because I am now in a better position to offer help myself.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's true that most posters stay on for a relatively short time (days to months) and then disappear perhaps they got all the healing they needed or no longer have internet access, don't have free time, etc, others continue to post occasionally through the years and others post regularly, so there is always a lot of activity going on.

The ones that stay on probably enjoy helping people get over the cult, they are like the samaritans.

• jgnat
    jgnat

From a hardcore, ... the simple answer is, "As long as it meets a need."

Not everyone here is an exited witness moving on. I'm a non-JW married to a very stubborn Witness. The WTS continues to influence my life. I need the continued support to carry on.

Also, I probably talk/write more than most people. I like it. Television is passive, whereas a well-run discussion board is interactive. This is more than just a recovery board, there's some real meat in the discussions. By comparison, I've been skimming a "Christian" DB lately, and their fluff is all cotton-candy sweetness.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I shall refrain from bombing or doing any unmentionable things in the pool. I will also make no heavy posting. Normal straightforward boring posting...... umm don't think so....

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I have noticed something on a personal level. I have noticed that that 'dark' mood I have been in the since..... well, goodness knows how long, is lifting. There is a bounce in my step again. I have not verbally attacked anyone of late. All that frustration I used to carry around I can discuss, freely. Without fear. There will be those that disagree with my view, cool! I want to hear it. I won't be shunned for an opinion.

There is a word in Afrikaans, 'Lekker!' Means happy/nice/fun all in one.

And being here is lekker!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Well I'm not exactly a hardcore poster. mainly because I'm 17 and live with my JW parents, so it's a lot easier to just snoop around every couple of days than it is to post a response... But I do intend to keep posting for quite some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit