What's the deal here?

by Jerohobobonadad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

There is a word in Afrikaans, 'Lekker!' Means happy/nice/fun all in one.

And being here is lekker!

Hey,im happy your lekker my bru!

• Woofer
    Woofer

I joined earlier this year and then bought a house and got married all in the span of 2 months so I was very busy with my personal life for a while. Now that things have calmed down and are back to normal I started posting again.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I like this site because I still am questioning many things and I know that many of the people who are here have been through the same thing or are going through it right now.

I have many questions I'm still asking and I like to get the perspective of other people. I come and go still though.

Every so often I need a break. Some people leave because they just don't feel the need to continue.

• sspo
    sspo

Others are retired and have nothing else to do since they are not going out in service anymore they have time to kill.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I'm sure the posters with 1000 or so under their belt have "recovered" or have found out all they need to know about WTBS, but why are they still here?

1000 posts can mean a lot or not. It depends on where they post.

The reasons people come and go are as varied as the people themselves.

Some just want info. Some are desperately in need of support and understanding. Some feel that they have lost everything but here they have a chance to see there really is life after the WTS.

Another reason people stay longer is that as long as they have family who are still JW the wounds heal slowly and are often ripped open.

Many people discover that they find a kinship here that they don't find elsewhere. Learning social skills on the varied "fluff" threads is an important part of recovery. It isn't always easy talking to people who have no idea of the strangeness of JW life. This can feel like a very safe place for that opportunity.

I tend to be a serious poster. I have recieved a lot on this board in the way of information and support but now I stick around to offer that to others.

And the reasons some leave are pretty varied as well. If they came for info they leave once they got it. Some sign up and discover there are "apostates" here and leave asap.

Somne decide they need ot move on.with their lives.

And some keep breaking the rules and get banned but keep coming back but we just can't get rid of them somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit