Mother's DA letter

by Lilycurly 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well, after 10 years, they are asking a letter from my mom. Don't know why...but they said it's that or they DF her. Well, she really wants to jump at the chance to vent for what they are doing to her family. Dad shuning me and all that, so she asked me to help. She noted things that she wanted to say, and I wrote it, since she hates writing. We don't want it to sound too bitchy though...so I might need some help to soften it a bit, and make it clear that it's the WTS we dislike, and not the individual JWs...Here we go...

"Dear Sirs,

Following your request of a letter of DA , I only have one question to ask. Why now? Why ten years later? Is there a reason that I am not aware of? Have I somehow become a bigger threat to your group's members now then ten year ago? I don't think I have, my life has been pretty much the same since I took back the control I had lost over my life and actions. But today, you want my demision on paper. (Which shows once more that you are behaving like a compagny would, and not in a christian way. Unless I forgot a verse where Jesus demands reports and paperwork from his disciples.)

I will keep this short because I have read what my daughter wrote to you some time ago, and it illustrated very well what I think of your organization and religious groups en general. You have never answered her numerous questions properly; showing the same closed mind that we now come to expect. It isn't much use nor very fun trying to talk about those things with such narrow minded people. It doesn't show great confidance in your beleives when you refuse to consider honestly other options and point of views.

To be clear, to me, the jehovah's witnesses organization is absolutely not the only way, no more then any other group who take what they want from this jewish Mythology book they call the bible. Jesus, Jehovah abd Satan, are merely copies of other deities such as Allah, Zeus and so many others. Which were created by men in it's quest to explain natural pheomemas, good, evil, mental and physical illnesses, etc. You could have easily been born in another country and be as fervant a muslim or buddhist.

Unfortunately, some people chose to take these legends to heart and apply then in their lives. Some of them ruining themselves and those around in the process. And those are not very pretty stories either. A lot of the bible I did not like to show to my kids. Stories of a vengeful, warrior god, commanding armies that kills and pillages to get some land. Stoning of children, genocides...the bible contains more attrocities then today's horror movies.

What is most saddening is you blind confidance in this pathetic New York compagny. To beleive immediatly everything they write without looking for yourself, or looking up the sources at least. It shows a certain lack of maturity, since a few searches about science or even history would show you that the WT doesn't research very far, and not very honestly either. They are well known for fixing quotes and facts to accomodate their teachings.

I have come to a point where I decided to leave the sad and monotonous life of a JW behind me. I chose not to have my life ruled by others, being the best person I can be. be happy, and love others. When I quit being a JW, I made the choice not to be forced to be insentive to the world around me, to stop being hypocrite to myself, and to stop having to judge others that did not think like me. I would not let other people tell me what my conscience should say ( as my husband still does, by shunning our daughter). I don't live for the spiritual carrot that is the new sysytem anymore.

By this letter, I officialy DA myself from the JW org."

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I chose not to have my life ruled by others, being the best person I can be. be happy, and love others. When I quit being a JW, I made the choice not to be forced to be insentive to the world around me, to stop being hypocrite to myself, and to stop having to judge others that did not think like me.

Stinkin' apostate! ;-)

Nice letter, give your mom a happy, loving, non-judgemental hug for me!

Dave

• restrangled
    restrangled

OH LILICURY, IF ONLY I COULD READ A LETTER LIKE THIS FROM MY OWN MOTHER!

Enjoy, I envy you!

Best Wishes, R.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sorry, Meant to type ... Lilycurly! r.

• Mary
    Mary

Hi Lilycurl; I've highlight a couple of things in the wording that you might want to change:

I will keep this short because I have read what my daughter wrote to you some time ago, and it illustrated very well what I think of your organization and religious groups en general. You have never answered her numerous questions properly; showing the same closed mind that the Pharisees showed when Jesus asked them questions they had no answer to. we now come to expect. I've come to realize that it's pointless It isn't much use nor very fun trying to talk about those things anything intelligent with such narrow minded people. It doesn't show great confidence in your beliefs when you refuse to consider honestly other options and point of views, especially as you cannot defend yourself when an intelligent question is put to you.

Either that, or just write one that says:

Dear Brothers:

Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you?

• Borgia
    Borgia

Hi lilicurly,

Very nice! Good for your mum. However, before you do just sent that of.....please consider two things:

1) Use a spelling checker. There are some anomalies in your script right now. 2) I understand that your mother does not want to be DF. But what's the point? Just don´t show up on a JC and don´t sent the letter either. You know, when it serves their purpose, they do not entrust you with their own letters explaining their idiocies, although you notice how they entrusted you with their rubbish every week. So, why would you consider them to be worthy of your precious words calling upon an official DA? Whicj is in fact rubbish as well?

Cheers

Borgia.

• Scully
    Scully

Bravo!! (((( Lilycurly & Lilycurly's mom ))))

Please disregard the nitpicking over the spell-checking. Those of us who know you understand that the original letter is most likely written in French and that you provided a translation for our benefit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

As an alternative she could make it short and sweet:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have discovered that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have the truth. Therefore, I QUIT.

• sspo
    sspo

Why after 10 years, i don't understand, was an elder for many years and never seen it done unless your mother is a very active and outspoken" apostate"

Very good letter.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi lilycurly,

Well done to your mum, Please give her a big hug from me.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit