Unusual preaching method I spotted today..

by ackack 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• ackack
    ackack

While waiting for a streetcar today, I noticed an unusal flier stuck to the side of a newspaper box. Here is what it said

Why Has Love of Neighbour Grown Cold?

Many people feel miserable with no solution. In Israel, Jews and Arabs live together, but often hate one another. The same is true with Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, Hutu and Tutsi tribes in Africa, and large numbers of people in many other countries.

Why Has This Happened?

The Bible gives the answer. It says: "In the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the apperance of godliness, but denying its power." (2 Tim 3:1-5, ESV).

What is the Solution?

Again, the Bible gives the answer. It says: "The whole law is fulfilled in the one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Gal 5:14, ESV). Has anyone obeyed this law in all human history? Yes, early Christians did.

What can be said about our day? Interestinly, the "Encyclopedia Canadiana" writes: "The world of Jehovah's Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practised by Jesus and his disciples... All are brothers."

Jesus said that love would identify his true followers: "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (Jn 13:35, ESV). Jehovah's Witnesses are, in fact, well known for helping their neighbours.

Interestingly, Canadian "Journal de Montréal" stated: 'Jehovah's Witnesses are a highly civilized people. At their assemblies, you almost feel as hough you were in paradise, since the atmosphere is relaxed, peaceful and serene.' "The African Weekly" wrote: "These Christians do not fight among themselves... they have love in their hearts." Also, a comment in Hungary's "Ring" magazine stated: "I have come to the conclusion that if Jehovah's Witnesses were the only ones living on earth, wars would cease to exist, and the only duties of policemen would be to control traffic and issue passports"

For more information please visit: www.watchtower.org

This message was printed for the information of the public and is not sponsored by any organization

There are also two emoticon like images on the right hand side, an unhappy face and a happy face. Any comments? I wonder how fast these people would get the beat down from the org...

ackack

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

The Worldly Andre Weekly wrote: "what a load of crap"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

As if the borg don't write enough crap, without individual dubs writing their own...

Let's hope no one was fooled by it, did it have a contact address?

• ackack
    ackack

There was nothing more on it aside from what I already posted.

Interestingly, the interesting writing style is a bit primitive. :)

Is any of this verbatim copying from any watchtower articles?

ackack

• carla
    carla

This message was printed for the information of the public and is not sponsored by any organization-----

Not sponsored by any org? right.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Is any of this verbatim copying from any watchtower articles?

Yup. http://www.watchtower.org/library/kn35/article_02.htm

Poor bastard will probably get sued by the bOrg now! :-)

Dave

• greendawn
    greendawn

Those who said those things about the JWs were not aware that they were looking at the shop front and that it concealed serious problems behind it. It is a dictatorial organisation and the dubs have no real love between themselves even if they do not harm each other. They are a world apart from the early church especially in their hierarchical structure but also in doctrine, they have totally marginalised Jesus.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

You'd be amazed the lengths some pioneers will go to to reach their time quota without actually having to talk to anyone. :0)

• lashawn
    lashawn

I am not a jw but a worldly person just as you all.I am very upset with what you all (ex-jw's) are saying about this subject. J was right when he quoted"the love of the greater number will cool off".Are you forgetting evey one in this world are imperfect including jw's.You all have become just as our original parent's (adam and eve) mind thinkers.Please do not forget the valuable leason this world has taught us"A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE".

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    Why Has Love of Neighbour Grown Cold?

That's funny, my parents have lived next door to the same people for 14 years now and don't even know their names....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit