Unusual preaching method I spotted today..

by ackack 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    I am not a jw but a worldly person just as you all.

You're not a JW and you call yourself "worldly"???

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

...not all is as it seems. No? We are here to support each other after experiencing and 'witnessing' some rather questionable things. Of course these posts will not have many positive comments. However, you have the freedom to say, think do anything you like here, within reason. That is why I am here, watching and learning.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

lashawn:

I am not a jw but a worldly person just as you all.I am very upset with what you all (ex-jw's) are saying about this subject. J was right when he quoted"the love of the greater number will cool off".Are you forgetting evey one in this world are imperfect including jw's.You all have become just as our original parent's (adam and eve) mind thinkers.Please do not forget the valuable leason this world has taught us"A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE".

Worst impression of a non-JW ever! alt

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You all have become just as our original parent's (adam and eve) mind thinkers.

Oh, no! Please Jehovah, protect us from those horrible, evil, sons and daughters of adam and eve. You know the one's I mean. Those ones who have the audacity to think with their minds!

What shall we call this new insidious breed? I know! I know! "Mind Thinkers". Oh the sheer horror of it!

Cog (I just insulted my first troll. That was fun)

• garybuss
    garybuss

Does anybody remember when we went door to door telling people the Watch Tower printing corporation produced literature was NON-DENOMINATIONAL?

• Morocco
    Morocco

You know I find it interesting that the Witnesses can't quote the Bible to aid them in convincing others they are some diamond in the rough. They have to quote Canadian "worldly" sources to back up their ideals.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings lashawn,

:Please do not forget the valuable leason this world has taught us"A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE".

So is life inside the confinds of a destructive cult like the watchtower. With grandma or not

Dismembered

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

(2 Tim 3:1-5, ESV).

Why is a bible other then the NWT being quoted?

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Does anybody remember when we went door to door telling people the Watch Tower printing corporation produced literature was NON-DENOMINATIONAL?

Yes, Gary, I remember that too. We used to try and present ourselves as non-demonational Bible students just interested in finding other people who were interested in studying the bible with us. This was in the early 80's too. Not in the actual time when we were called International Bible Students. We used to say this as it usually caused less people to slam the doors in our faces when we were pioneering. There seemed to be a real resistance to immediately introducing ourselves as Jehovah's Witnesses. I always thought this was silly. Like they didn't already know. Or wouldn't figure it out in about two minutes. I always said I was a JW right away. I figured I'd rather get the door slammed right away than waste my time playing cat and mouse games.

Householder: "What organization are you with?"

JW: "Well, we're just a couple of your neighbours concerned with the worsening conditions in our neighbourhood".

Pleeease! Yeah, we sure fooled a lot of them with that one. I think it just made them more annoyed.

Cog

• under_believer
    under_believer

> This message was printed for the information of the public and is not sponsored by any organization

BS. The Witness "preaching work" is de facto sponsored by the Watchtower Society.

And yeah awesome about the fake "worldly person."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit