New special campaign....a few things that most don't see....

by RedPill2006 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    "Oh-this-MUST-be-THE-END" campaign, because you see "Pope-making-funny-comments-Spain-Government-tossing-Catholic-Church-out-All-World-hates-bad-Religions (not ours)-like-Muslims-and-now-this-tract-IN-OCTOBER (if you are/where a witness you know what october means for them

You'd think if it was truly an urgent, necessary and true message, then all would be done to be sure it was heard across the masses.

But, I'm sure there's some excuse they have that 'proves' they (and only they) are doing everything in these "last days".

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why are we getting all riled up over a simple tract campaign the WTS is doing? This is nothing new, almost every year at a district assembly there's a new book or a new literature that the WTS makes a big deal about it. Nothing has changed over the years. Every single year is the same thing, they come out with renewed efforts announcing how close the end of the world is, every singel year. It surprises me to see such a big hoopla over this here in the forum seen as how this is nothing new. Then the comments of the jws suffering persecution due to how it denounces other religions. Well, this is nothing new either, this has been done since I was a little kid. Most here are just eager to make a big deal out of nothing. Next year there will be another special campaign just like there has been yearly since I can remember. And their message will not change, they will always claim that Armageddon is right around the corner or something like this. I know because I participated in many campaigns like these when i was younger and I also gave public talks about the same thing year after year.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey RedPill, I've got an idea that might help you solve your service dilemma!

1. Go to superpages.com and do a search for CHURCHES in your area. Print out the list.

2. take your 50 tracts and recycle them so they can be turned into something useful like cardboard.

3. show people your "mailing list" and explain that you mailed a tract to each of 50 churches. Sure it cost you $19.50 in postage* and even more for 50 envelopes [hint: research this price at Staples.com, or Officedepot.com], but it was worth it to send this URGENT message right to the heart of Satan's whore.

4. Calculate the time it would take for you to hand address 50 envelopes, stuff 'em and take them to the Post Office. Multiply by pi**. Report this figure as field service.

5. Watch the problem go away, and watch you get parts on assemblies to share your technique. Embellish as required. Make your story fit your audience.

* --NOT!--

**or any other irrational number >1.

• V
    V
    R6Laser: Why are we getting all riled up over a simple tract campaign the WTS is doing?

Just reporting what JWs are riled up about. Personally I agree with you--no big deal. I think that the orginnal poster also agrees:

RedPill2006: My viewpoint: LAME! This couldn't be LAMER.......
  • Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

If you are forced to go out door-to-door with the bloody things, tell them you will work on your own so you can cover the territory more quickly. Put a post-it inside each tract with this website and silent lambs website addresses in it. If you actually do meet any people, tell them that you are warning them about this destructive cult and their propaganda, and to warn all their friends and family members too. Explain that JWs shelter paedophiles, and that you wanted the public to know.

Some people might think you're crazy, but at least some will listen, none of your JW family will be any the wiser.

• architect
    architect

Have any one noticed that the watchtower studies have been about JOB! what we must do when faced with persecution and trials...Is the WTBS trying to get things all rousted up or bring some excitement back into the organization? The president from the UN said recently in so many words that religion should not be used to incite war. Doesnt sound like the UN or so called political powers is ready to get rid of babylon the great right now.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think this is a wind up by the WTBTS. It is courting persecution, after all, they don't have any persecution much going on except for eastern europe in a limited way at the moment.

When the world is trying desperately to court religious tolerance, the WTBTS goes in with a big boot to condemn every religion except itself!!

Any witnesses hurt because of this crap have the WTBTS to blame.

Precisely...its been a long held view of mine that the WTBTS court's or encourages persecution so as to appear to be a fulfilment of their own false prophesies; this then boosts the R&F and gears them up to making more of a sales effort or boosting publicity. For me this is a blatant attempt by the society of trying to take advantage of extremists and fundamentalists and the current climate.

If the WTBTS kept quiet they would have no problems whatsoever from other religious intolerance...they would only have us evil freethinkers to combat.

DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    If you are forced to go out door-to-door with the bloody things, tell them you will work on your own so you can cover the territory more quickly. Put a post-it inside each tract with this website and silent lambs website addresses in it. If you actually do meet any people, tell them that you are warning them about this destructive cult and their propaganda, and to warn all their friends and family members too. Explain that JWs shelter paedophiles, and that you wanted the public to know.

Excellent idea; can any photoshop addict come up with a good opposing tract?

DB74

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Most are making the connections: "Oh-this-MUST-be-THE-END" campaign, because you see "Pope-making-funny-comments-Spain-Government-tossing-Catholic-Church-out-All-World-hates-bad-Religions (not ours)-like-Muslims-and-now-this-tract-IN-OCTOBER (if you are/where a witness you know what october means for them"

That's when you say, "Isn't this what we thought when the first 36 Kingdom News tracts was released?"

I thought there was only to be seven trumpet blasts warning the world, not 37.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Why do they want reports on how many each person places?

Could this be an initial survey to find those with unwilling hearts, in preparation for booting them out the door?

Didn't the Plmouth Brethren do something similar?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit