Overheard in NY

by rebel8 7 Replies latest social humour

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/index-2.html :

In a Comparative Religion Class in Ten Years, This Kid Will Raise His Hand and Humiliate Himself

Son: Daddy, what's that?
    Father: That's the Watchtower.
    Son: What do they do there?
    Father: That's where they teach people how to ring doorbells.

--B train, Manhattan Bridge

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Tee Hee. Not as easy as it looks, ringing doorbells.

• greendawn
    greendawn

And what a very ineffective way it is for informing people, they go by what they see the WTS doing not by what the JWs say at the doors. Wasted effort because the org is not giving the right signals through its behaviour.

• read good books
    read good books

I am afraid my last few minutes on this earth will be answering the door after calling 911 for a heart attack only to have a JW standing there trying to convince me the end of this system is right around the corner

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Ringing doorbells and knowing where all the Donut shops/McDonalds are in a 50 mile radius.

The Claw

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

Hee. And which gas stations have Cherry 7-UP, man even as a kid I knew that going to someone's house to tell them everything they believe is wrong wasn't the most productive way to get them to see your side.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The "overheard" web site is a pretty hilarious read. I visit it often for a laugh. Check it out when you need a giggle (but be prepared, sometimes it's raunchy).

Seeing that wt joke is giving me ideas to think of more and submit them.....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks Rebel8, that site is quite funny, one to save.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit