1914 ,the Generation that got tossed in the Garbage Can

by OUTLAW 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    except for one guy who knew, but had the theory that Jehovah had used the date to cleanse the Congregation...

I think this idea spread like the smurf legends.

• heathen
    heathen

"Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all!

Yah it's only more precise until they change it again ......................... There are still people alive that witnessed nation rising against nation , food shortages and such from WW1 and WW2 . I think their new "understanding " is as lame as the old one . Just another straw man in the corn field of delusion ......LOL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was off the board for a few days.Had to put a roof over the the front porch,before the snow comes.Then I had to work on my well...Come back and theres 5 pages on my thread,LOL!!..I read everyones posts..Thank you for the replys.Thank you for information posted.This thread would not have been the same without your participation..I learned alot..The one thing that came glareing through all of this,was that the WBT$ will twist scripture to back up any idiot idea they want.Even opposeing ideas..WBT$ used the bible to back up the 1914 generation,WBT$ used the bible to discredit the 1914 generation..WBT$ is not interested in what the bible says..WBT$ uses the bible only,to back up thier ideas,nothing more..Could anything be more dishonest or more unChristian?..Again,thank you All!.....Now I need to go fix my stairs.I tied one of my huskeys to the front stairs.He pulled the stairs off the porch..LOL!!..Such is my life,in The Great White North...OUTLAW

• sf
    sf
    more JWs quit, again wondering why the critics seemed much more in tune with the Society's doings than they themselves were.

Because we study. To stay in tune.

OUTLAW, your dog sounds as destructive as mine. LOL!!!

sKally

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SkallyWagger,thats not the worst..I`ve just moved to my new ranch..The reason this one is tied to the porch,is because he killed the nieghbours family pet rabbit and growled at the Mrs..Dam dog growls at everything..Now he pulls on the porch stairs like a sled..One more mishap and it`s off to the doggy glue factory..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does anyone know someone from the 1914 generation?..If so,can you ask them how they feel about the WBT$ New Light on thier Generation and post it?..Thanks ...OUTLAW

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

A slightly off topic point. Although the 1914 generation idea has been tossed in the garbage, the 1914 establishment of Christ's Kingdom hasn't and it is still a corner-stone doctrine. This does lead to the question; just what has this invisible kingdom been doing for the past 92 years?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Does anyone know someone from the 1914 generation?..If so,can you ask them how they feel about the WBT$ New Light on thier Generation and post it?..Thanks ...OUTLAW

My oldest Uncle was born January1914. I will ask him what he thinks of the wt new light on the subject next time I talk to him. I know he doesn't think much of the old light...or any light from the society.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

EyeSlice..I think the Invsible Kingdom is much like the generation of 1914..It too will soon get the axe..Then there will be a new date.Much better than the old date.This will be a new and improved date,all backed up scriptually of coarse..LOL!!.....Hey Plum..Thanks,that would be cool.Post his comments on this thread if you would be so kind..New light old light,its all a load of crap..Much like dealing with an insane person..The lights are on but nobody`s home Crazy Eyes LOL!!...OUTLAW

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean ...

I hadn't picked up on this before, but the Society's words back in '95 that there was now a "more precise" viewpoint is completely disengenuous. The new viewpoint is actually LESS precise than the old one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit