I can see the love

by Honesty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I pulled a few muscles in my back last week and couldn't make it to church on Sunday. A deacon friend called and offered to usher and pass the (GASP) offering plate for me. Another friend called and prayed with me. Another friend called and asked if I needed anything at all. Another friend called and told me he and his family love me. The last time I missed due to illness at least 100 people or more, including teenagers came up and gave me a big hug.

I didn't start attending church for this. I started attending because I felt God's Spirit drawing me to worship.

But this is really nice and is just one more reason of the many I know the Jehovah's Witnesses do not have God in their lives or hearts.

If I had seen anything like this in any of the JW congregations I attended Satan would not have been able to pull me away from Jehovah's organization and lured me into 'Apostate Christendom.'

• JH
    JH

I left the Org. for the same reason. "Lack of love"

They don't teach their followers to care and love, the teach them to speak well and sell books and magazines.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

That's awesome. That's what friends are all about.

One of the reasons I left is when I was sick and needed help, none of the witnesses even called to check on me. Let alone come to visit. My "worldly" friends and workmates on the otherhand came to vist and brought me meals. Even my landlady let me slide on the rent since I was off work for two weeks. That really got me thinking about Jehovah's so called "loving" organization.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Not in my wifes Cong.,

2 weeks ago they announced that an elderly couple who have been life long Jehovah's Witnesses were both very ill at home, could Bros. & Sisters send cards and flowers.

My wife and I went and looked after the husband, whilst the wife went for Chemotherapy, so we saw all the cards and flowers, NONE, NOT ONE card or flower!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

fokyc, there's another beauty with Christendom's churches. If one is lacking in love, you can vote with your feet and attend another. You are not required to submit to their sole authority.

• Khrysanthemum
    Khrysanthemum

Honesty--how nice to have true Christians as friends!

So how ARE you feeling now?! Hopefully everything is healing....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You find out what true friendship and love is when you leave the wts. They talk about showing love for one another, but most of them just pay it lip service. There is nothing genuine about it.

Honesty, I hope you are feeling better soon.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Yes, my friend has been saying to me since he came with me to the Memorial that I need to attend some other church services before deciding all religion is crap. He said that people actually treat each other in a loving manner in other churches.

I may someday. Right now I'm taking a well-deserved break from religion.

P.S. My friend who urges this is an atheist. He's an interesting guy.

• blondie
    blondie

Excuses many JWs use for not sending cards:

1) Didn't know the address (although it was announced at the KH and posted on the board and is listed in the phone book and they could have called someone in the congregation)

2) Didn't know how to spell their name; didn't know their names

3) Didn't have any cards, stamps; although they drove by 3 stores and were at the mall that same day.

4) Were too busy (not doing bible study, not out in service, not at a meeting); how long does it take to write out a card and sign your name: 5 minutes tops.

5) Didn't know them that well; thought others would do it so they needn't bother

Blondie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If I had seen anything like this in any of the JW congregations I attended Satan would not have been able to pull me away from Jehovah's organization and lured me into 'Apostate Christendom.'

I think you should have left because they are false prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit