I can see the love

by Honesty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Honesty, now you know what true UNconditional love is. No strings attached. I have taken a break from religion for right now. However I did attend a Baptist service with a friend from work. It was very refreshing. They even sang a song with the name of Jehovah in it.

The Claw

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The lack of genuine love in the congregation was the last straw for me too. Last Feburary my sister went through quadruple by-pass and no one in my hall even called or offered a hint of encouragement . These are people I have known my whole life , been in this hall 27 yrs. Yet the christian ladies at work gave me hugs , offered to say prayers , and kept up to date with her progress . I had only worked there two years at that time . Lately I have attended a local church , and am pleasantly surprised by the love and warmth displayed there . We were so mislead at the hall about what Christendom teaches and acts like . So far nothing I was told at the hall about church has been true.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou, Khrysanthemum, fullofdoubtnow and everyone!!

I felt well enough to go out witnessing tonight with 100 or so other church members . We had one profession of faith and enrolled a family who has just moved into the area into Sunday School. That's 12 or 13 professions in the last 3 weeks out church has had aside from those who come down during worship to profess faith in Jesus.

Looks like many are now streaming to 'Christendom' while the waters of the Watchtower are slowly being drained dry.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Honesty said:

I felt well enough to go out witnessing tonight with 100 or so other church members . We had one profession of faith and enrolled a family who has just moved into the area into Sunday School. That's 12 or 13 professions in the last 3 weeks out church has had aside from those who come down during worship to profess faith in Jesus. Looks like many are now streaming to 'Christendom' while the waters of the Watchtower are slowly being drained dry.

Shelly responds: I remember very few people from our cong. being baptised whilst a child. My mom was one of them and after going my entire life to meetings-she wasn't baptised til I was 13. A few friends were, one family came in that was like my mom=had been on the fringes my whole life.

Whilst I was at a local baptist church, there were at least two baptisms a month-usually much more and our congregation grew hugely while I was there. Many others of course transferred in(military) that were already baptised. We had more child baptisms than I felt really good about-but those children were being baptised into faith in Christ-not joining a church/religion.

Can you imagine if the JWs grew that fast? THEN we would really have something to worry about!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit