How Do YOU Diet To Lose Weight?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I really watch my fat intake, and sugar as well. Eliminating all white, processed foods from one's diet, helps also. ( white rice, white sugar, white bread, white flour, etc.) I don't eat after 7pm, and try to eat more veggies and fruit. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day....take it off slowly, and the chances are, it'll stay off.

Rome wasn't built in a day....take it off slowly, and the chances are, it'll stay off.

Delilah gets it. It's not about crash diets or ridiculous exercise routines. It's about living a healthy lifestyle, which means common sense when eating and regular exercise.

I've lived a very healthy lifestyle and I'm quite happy with my physical well-being. I'm the same weight now that I was twenty years ago. Healthy diet and regular exercise are like a daily shower; you should do both daily.

On the diet end, think like an animal, and eat like one as well. Avoid packaged/processed foods, and stay away from fats as much as possible. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and corn as well. Do not drink soda.

On the exercise end, do whatever it is that you can realistically expect to do on a regular basis. It's not what you do, but how often you do it. Make sure you enjoy whatever exercise you choose to engage in or you won't stick with it. Regularity is the most important factor in this regard. Whatever you do, plan on doing it for the rest of your life.

• Mary
    Mary
    Any one tried the seafood/wholefood diet?

I went on a strict vegan diet a few years ago for a while. It was harder than hell to do but I felt better than I ever had.......couldn't keep it up though. I just found it too damn difficult not to eat any meat.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I lost a ton of weight a few years back, well nearly a third of my body weight. Trouble is, I just used common sense and self discipline, but most people seem to be looking for some fad diet, something more complicated or mystical, or trendy.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yep, people describe me as thin but I used to be a right porker.

• luna2
    luna2
    right porker

I love that term. LOL

ballistic, you look great these days!

• chiddy
    chiddy

the seafood diet involves if I see food I eat it, and the wholefood diet is whole chickens, whole cows and whole pigs!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    the seafood diet involves if I see food I eat it, and the wholefood diet is whole chickens, whole cows and whole pigs!

• luna2
    luna2

Right now I can't stick to anything. However, I did find a frozen roasted vegi pizza with whole wheat crust so I can feel less bad than I usually do when scarfing down pizza.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit