How Do YOU Diet To Lose Weight?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Way back in the days, I used to exercise for at least an hour and practiced piano for hours. But now , can't do.

• bubble
    bubble

I don't have enough hours in the day to exercise, but I sprinkled cinnamon on my porridge this morning. I'm expecting a huge weight loss!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Miss bubble

I would expect at least a 5 pound burned off by evening. Just drink lots of water to keep your temperature down. Heh

S

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I spend all of my money on clothes and makeup, so I don't have money for expensive processed foods. Only fruits and veggies.

At least 1 hour every day on the treadmill at 4.5 mph on a number 4 incline. And take the stairs whenever possible.

Also, no alcohol. I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks when I quit drinking.

Coffee and green tea to boost my metabolism.

And lots and lots and lots of water.

~luv, jojo

• chiddy
    chiddy

Any one tried the seafood/wholefood diet?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Actually I lost weight this year while on holidays, doing plenty of swimming in the sea was the main key issue, the other was cutting out all chocolates, cakes, biscuits. I was astonished since I always put on weight while on holidays in the past. And I was not aware that I was losing it.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Altought I never tried to lose weight, Im dieting to gain weight (muscle) and it takes a lot of dedication ! Eating well and exercising should be a priority for everyone. The body is a machine, feed it with crap,dont train it and it will give you crap ; sickness,lack of energy(and sex drive BTW), lack of strenght. For guys it may also result in a lack of testosterone and they could even have "bitch tits".

• frozen one
    frozen one

I'm a big believer in cinnamon. I read about it when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and incorporated it into my regimen. It may have been a coincidence, but my sugar numbers really stabilized when the cinnamon was started. I buy 1000 mg capsules at the store. The little cinnamon taste when I belch is a bonus.

I really got into reading food labels, especially serving size. I was shocked...SHOCKED...to find out that a serving of ice cream is 1/2 cup, not 1/2 gallon. I stay away from overly processed and microwave ready foods. Buying whole foods and actually cooking isn't all that bad. I cook in quantity and freeze left overs. I don't believe there is really any "bad" food as long as the serving size is followed and meals are balanced.

I'm also big on walking. Buy a pedometer and work up to 10,000 steps per day. Thats 5 miles which sounds like a long way but it can be done rather easily. I was surprised how much I walked in the course of a day working. I added to the number by doing things like parking further away from doors and taking the stairs, not the elevator. Just simple stuff. Getting in a good, fast paced 30 minute walk during the day is vital. I lift weights 3x a week, too.

• morty
    morty

I just have to learn to put the damn fork and spoon down once in a while...

I actually bought a dog that has to be walked every day, rain or shine...

As mush as I love him, and would walk him anyway, he as made me understand the importance of fresh air and keeping the heart pumping...

A high five for Harley......since I have had him, I have dropped about 8-10lbs without even trying to diet...that's just walking a half hour a day (x2)....( the odd time, I have only gotten one walk in for the day..)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I lost 15 pounds on the South Beach Diet and kept it off for over a year. Then I had liposuction in the abs and hips to remove the stubborn fat that excercising wouldn't get rid of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit