How Do YOU Diet To Lose Weight?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Typically, by the end of the summer, I usually take off some weight due to good exercise and better eating. Then, in late fall and in the winter, it gets tough again.....What do you do to keep the weight off or if you've put a few pounds on how do you keep them off???

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I try to eat more fruit....and less of the "bad" stuff. Also, in Texas it is just now getting to the point where I can go for walks outside, so I am trying to do that a few times a week. Another thing is not drinking much....which is hard, because I love having a few beers with my hubby on the back porch after the baby is in bed!

• Mary
    Mary

Exercise.......forget the "20 minutes 3 times a week"......it's been proven that we need to exercise every day, or almost every day for an hour. I've been slacking off somewhat over the past few weeks and I'm 3 pounds up which pisses me off .......so in addition to my morning workout, I also try to get on the exercise bike at home in the evenings for about 20 minutes......

I also have cut way back on dairy products and try to eat more fruit and veggies.......it's a life long struggle. Our bodies tend to want to hold on to any fat we might have and it doesn't seem to give it up too readily........

• Amazing
    Amazing

Eat less, exercise more.

Jim W.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Take half a teaspoon (one gram) of cinnamon a day. It works w keeping the blood sugar level steady - less cravings, more energy. Eat more protein early in the day, carbs later, try not to eat after 7pm. I have lost 30 pounds in the last yr.

S

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I lost 40 pounds by following the South beach diet 3 years ago, and have kept almost all of it off. The south beach diet book is an education on how your body reacts to certain foods not just eat this and lose weight. It was extemely educating.

• sspo
    sspo

Mary

that's why you look so good in that picture, you're doing something right

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Mary, good advice.
    Not many people realize that, medically, a person who is a MODERATE exerciser exercises for a minimum of ONE HOUR a day. When my co-workers learned that, they were shocked.
    Most people think a 20 minute walk a few times a week is plenty. While it is better than nothing, it's nowhere near enough.
    That can make exercise a daunting task, but worth it.
    Good Luck, Minimus, in keeping the winter weight gain down.

S4

• Gill
    Gill

Eat less!!!!

I can't exercise more than I do as I am already having to wallk 1 - 2 hours a day as it is with school and shopping. On my bike for at least half an hour!! Then a good work out. Get to my age, if you don't exercise regularly things just might start sagging!!! We can't have that!!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I lost 1.5st in two months and its keeping off with the amount of exercise I do too....

I agree, exercising everday and eating sensibly is the way forward...fancy diets just dont cut it long term.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit