John Edward (psychic)--What do you make of it?

by rebel8 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

Have you watched this guy's show? I really don't believe much in the afterlife, but this makes me wonder. Unless they are all plants in the audience, he is either a mind reader or is really communicating with their dead loved ones. A lot of the things he says are vague/guesses, like most psychics, but some things are so specific.....

What do you think?

• dvw
    dvw

i dont buy it. vague answers are easy. as to his more specific answers, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while."

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I've read on skeptic sites and in print that he practices "cold reads", is prompted by staff in the audience, that the audience is screened or questioned beforehand and that much of the guessing is edited out of the final show to make him look as though he has an actual ability. I think the walls between this life and anything else (if there is anything else) are unbreachable

• Mackin
    Mackin

***What do you think?*** I think you would do well to develop some critical thinking ability.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Colin Fry over here in England is the John Edward equivalent. He has a TV show and is incredibly convincing - so Claire and I bought tickets to his show when he came to Manchester. We were both disappointed! However, I have a spiritualist friend who is now a Buddhist and he watched the TV show with us. He said Colin Fry was good. So, I just don't know.........................

Ian

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't buy it.

There are other "reality" shows about haunted houses and the like where somebody goes around and says they are seeing or feeling contact with dead people and they describe them, etc.

I don't really buy this either because it can't be proved or disproved.

It's like saying I am "anointed". You have to take my word for it.

LHG

• xjwms
    xjwms

Seen the show....not so sure that he has the power.

Would'nt want to be in the audience.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, I love the show! Cant get enough of it. Unfortunately, most of the time he comes on at 2-4 am!!!!! Unless Im just missing it other times.

I personally think he comes up with things he could not know! Sure you can do back ground checks and find out some things. But like one show, he knew that the one guy also had phychic abilities, and that guy never told a soul! (well, just his family members)

Names of pets that died? The last one I saw, he knew that this woman had a pig collection in her house. Thats weird.

Fake or not, I still like watching it!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I have only watched his show once or twice. I thought he was pretty good. Seems to be pretty good at whatever it is he's doing.

I really liked this show that came on sci fi last year. I think it was called pyschic at large with Char Margolis.

She was incredible. But as my husband says, you never really know what's going on.

Anyway's here's a link to it:

http://www.scifi.com/psychicatlarge/

• VM44
    VM44

rebel8,

Please do not be fooled or impressed by what you see on John Edward's television program.

For one thing, his show is heavily edited to make him look good, so you don't see all the mistakes he makes.

The Amazing Randi, a professional magician, is not impressed by Edward's act, which is a form of "cold reading", a techniquie that is actually quite well known.

So please do not be fooled into believing there is anything Edward is doing. He is only putting on a show and trying to promote himself.

Randi's website is:

http://www.randi.org

Randi writes about a lot of other interesting subjects as well.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit