John Edward (psychic)--What do you make of it?

by rebel8 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yeah, it's just that every once in a while, he comes out with something so specific about the person he's already talking about....just makes you wonder. I guess if they're editing out the mistakes, he could guess all he wants.

I think you would do well to develop some critical thinking ability.

All righty then.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's stupid for people wanting to communicate with the dead . Why do people need closure after somebody dies ?

• VM44
    VM44

"...every once in a while, he comes out with something so specific about the person he's already talking about....just makes you wonder."

Professional magicians can also do this and make people wonder how they did it. It is the "cold reading" technique that I mentioned. It involves asking a lot of questions, and making some guesses, but it can led to impressive results.

--VM44

• heathen
    heathen

kinda like those phony boloney faith healers . If you believe then you are half way there to taking anything they say and trying to make it fit .

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

***cough***cough***!!!bullshit!!!***cough****cough***

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

South Park clip on John Edwards...Biggest douche in the universe...2nd half of video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k91Xw73krJA

• free2beme
    free2beme

Normally I would be saying something positive about someone who did this kind of thing, as I do believe that Spirits communicate with us. I just do not think they do it, in the way John Edwards claims. I think South Park explained it the best, when they nominated him as biggest Douche in the Universe (to which he won). The man plays this like a card trick. I could say to you, "I sense a male member of your family" ... I say, name starting with a M like Mike, Mitch, Matthew ... You say, Michael ... Yes yes Michael ... I sense some sort of close relationship with this person ... a father or a grandfather ... You say, My fathers name is Michael .... (I notice you say IS ... means you did not say WAS ... he is still alive). There is a male figure concerned about Michael, related to the month December (December is a good month, as it good be Holidays, B days, etc) ... What is the connection to Michael and December ... Well, he loves to go all out for the Holidays (judging by your age, I assume that your grandfather might not be alive) ... There is an older man showing me this December with Michael, did Michael have an older man who he was close too that liked the Holidays too? Yes, his dad was really in to it (WAS ... he is dead). Well he seems to be showing me the Holidays, as a way of saying he is always with your father. It is like he feels the emptiness your dad feels at that time of the year and wants him to realize he is still with him.

Now, did I speak to the dead? No, I did a cold read in which I choose common things that we all have in common in history, and emotions and said things that could go many ways, depending on your response. That is what this man does, over and over again. With the exposure his methods have received, his popularity has dropped. Keep in mind though, he has done this for years and is quite good.

Also, the image I see of the dead is more like the series Medium or Ghost Whisper. In which, I do think spirits wonder at times around us and we feel it. Want to impress me though, tell me something only they would know, and when I ask for it. Not some random thought that makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit