I have been invited to a judicial meeting.......

by AK - Jeff 47 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

On October 8, at our local KH.

I knew this day was in the offing - I have been playing hide and seek with the bastards for a few months now. They tried to corner me before the CO's visit, unsuccessfully. I suspect he told 'em to 'Get 'er done.' [My best impression of Larry the Cable Guy]

Of course they hold no authority with me - but I may get busy in earnest now with a little 'damage control', so as to confirm where I stand with a person or two that I have limited contact yet. [though not much admittedly]

I am weighing the possible submission of a DA letter, not due to any sense of acountablity, but just to allow myself to have the last word.

Well, off to bed, alarm goes off in 6 hours. I will check back after work tomorrow. [Yes I also work on the Sabbath too.]

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you are going to DA yourself, then either a) blow off their "get er done" attitude and say no thanks, or b) meet with them and have some fun.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Sorry this is happening to you... sounds like you have everything under control, though!

What did you tell them? Are you going to the JC meeting?

((((hugs))))

GGG

• blondie
    blondie

If you plan on da'ing, be sure to send appropriate letters to friends and family before you meet with the JC. If they are meeting with you, it is most likely they feel they have the "proof" to either da or df you. Personally, I would not meet with them (pearls before swine) and just send out my letters and have one printed in the local paper.

I take it that your wife is not included in this?

Just take charge of the meeting...don't ask questions, just share the facts with them.

Love, Blondie

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would show up with letter in, and inform them of your DA. I woould not let them DF you, let it be on your terms, make people wonder why you DA. i would not have a meeting with them at all, just hand over the letter and leave!

• JH
    JH
    I have been playing hide and seek with the bastards for a few months now.

I've been doing that with them since the last few decades...

Good luck.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I take it that your wife is not included in this?

Wifey was not invited. I will use the occasion to keep her out of the matter entirely, after all as head of the household I am responsible for all that goes down.

I will not allow them any access to her - and I suspect, that since I have always been the 'mouthy' one - that I am viewed as the 'evil' infuence and she is just 'trapped'. That is a good scenario - since Wifey has a couple of family still in.

Jeff

• zeroday
    zeroday

I was going to fade but knew what is happening to you would happen to me. They would just try to dig out dirt anyway they could to DF or DA you. I decided to DA myself and cut all the BS out. My letter was very simple. "I am disassociationing myself and no longer want to be known as a JW". I have seen many long DA letters where ones explain every detail about their decision. I really don't think it gets thru to them. I don't believe there is anything you can say that will make them think. Write a very simple letter and close that chapter on your life.

• magoo
    magoo

.......lucky you.....did they send a card with rsvp request?

magoo

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jeff: Many of us expect to be in the same boat some day, so we'll be watching with interest. Keep us posted as to how it goes. I have hoped that by the time I get the phone call/letter that there's a JC being held in my honor, I will be past caring. I'm there now, so they can bring it whenever they want.

If it happened today, my present frame of mind is that I would not even acknowledge them. I think the worst thing you can do to these guys (in their view) is just ignore them and treat them as if they are inconsequential... as indeed they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit